WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 05:53 PM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: Report all Bugs here Part III

I've had no email notifications since the site was down today

Fenraven - it's no consolation, but the icon uploader stopped working for me months ago - I have to use the tried and tested Quick Links version (it's what we used before Kerri kindly gave us the faster version via the icon).

The only reason that QL method may not work is if your file name has strange characters in it ... assuming, as you say, all other aspects are correct

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Hi Karyn how are you?

I too am not getting my email notifications??

I haven't seen the attachments thingy or the add subscriptions or the Rate this thread things under the Reply window in the advanced reply mode for months???????

Cheers JJ
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Is anything being done to restore the e-mail notification system? I've received no e-mail notices of subscribed threads since the site went down yesterday.

Sylvia
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 PM
A Local Legend
Deepest Wettest Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Karyn and her team do know about these problems and are working on them. Problem is the system is old and the 'Techies' are new so it will take time. I'm sure will will have to take a little more pain as the site is modernised and re-jigged, put your seatbelts on were in for a bumpy ride.

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or Grandchildren
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Trieste - Italy

Hails from Italy

Still no e-mail notification
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvasia
Still no e-mail notification

They are working on it and several others bugs as they update the system. We have to be a little patient right now.

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Hiking and Biking around San Diego, CA

Hails from United States

I like to echo the e-mail concerns. I am using an old account because I changed my e-mail and can't get the activation code nor a response from administrators. So, I can't respond to any discussions.

Also, I tried to place a banner on my signature for this account and nothing shows up.

Sometimes, I've also noticed that avatars and other people's signatures aren't showing up, either.

Blog , Hubpages My New Bird Blog
Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Gimp, and PE 2.0

Last edited by DesertDarlene : 09-16-2007 at 07:17 PM.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Oneonta, NY

Hails from United States

Yes, I am working on the email notification system, as it seems that no one is receiving emails, even if they re-subscribe to that thread or forum. I will get back to you when I have solved the issue or have a better answer. There is some heavy work involved with this one, so I cannot promise quick results.

As far as image uploader, Doug has some good points. When these problems arise, please post some clear information for me regarding the type of computer you are using, the operating system, the browser and the type of internet access. I'm making notes on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks. .. and thanks for the patience. And thanks to the great guides and mods that hang out here.

Karyn
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2007, 03:29 AM
A Local Legend
Washington

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorky
I'm afraid you're right, I am getting regular complaints about the uploader.

It's just occurred to me maybe some of the members have Vista?

Doug

I have Vista and no troubles with the uploader. I wonder if there is a virus going around. Several folks seem to be having the same kind of problems that no on e else is. Do you get error messages? Try copying the error message and pasting it into Google surrounded by quote marks. Sometimes you can find about viruses that way, here's why...

I work for an anti-virus, anti-spyware company and it is astounding how many threats hit the cyberwaves on a daily basis. The AV companies can't write patches until they know about the problem and that can take time. Then the newest nasties that mutate, gad, it can be months before an installed anti-viral program can be up to date on finding and nullifying these threats. The symptoms are however common occurances and Googling them can be more efficient. thetechguy.com is a good place to check too. Worth a try at any rate.
***"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. And dance like no one is watching." – Anonymous!*** http://www.lauradicus.com
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2007, 03:32 AM
A Local Legend
Washington

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn
Yes, I am working on the email notification system, as it seems that no one is receiving emails, even if they re-subscribe to that thread or forum. I will get back to you when I have solved the issue or have a better answer. There is some heavy work involved with this one, so I cannot promise quick results.

As far as image uploader, Doug has some good points. When these problems arise, please post some clear information for me regarding the type of computer you are using, the operating system, the browser and the type of internet access. I'm making notes on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks. .. and thanks for the patience. And thanks to the great guides and mods that hang out here.

Karyn

Should we (mods/guides) create an announcement thread in our forums/sub-forums so folks aren't so frustrated? (Or has this been done and I just missed it?)
***"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. And dance like no one is watching." – Anonymous!*** http://www.lauradicus.com
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Oneonta, NY

Hails from United States

Laura,
Feel free to make an announcement about the email notification system, yes. And, thanks to your post, I'll make a site wide announcement on the front page. Duh, hadn't occurred to me. Sorry.
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Hails from United States

I would like to retract what I said about avatars, etc, because I went through and edited my profile and saw that I hadn't checked the boxes to show pictures and avatars/signatures. My bad.

Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Gimp, and PE 2.0
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England

I tried to give someone a merit point and it said I could only give 1 per day...I had not given ANY!
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2007, 07:26 PM

Hails from United States

How come there aren't any merit buttons here?

Last edited by DesertDarlene : 09-22-2007 at 07:28 PM.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton, Alberta

Hails from Canada

I have no problems uploading images, but I notice a color shift in the uploaded imaged. Viewing the image (sized 500px or less / jpeg) that is uploaded often is more red, some times appearing higher saturated than the original observed with either Adobe CS2 or Windows file explorer.

I've tried saving with and with out a color profile, from low to high quality jpegs, even fudging photos first. No luck. Suggestions?