WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Planet earth, California

Hails from El Salvador
Re: THE Comic Project!

Thanks a lot for the google info. Sometimes I ask to many questions; sorry? Terry I'm totally new to WC so hopefully I can keep up with you guys.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-24-2006, 03:36 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

ChiCha,

Questions are what makes this place jump! We're so glad to have you here, and can't wait to have you sharing with us. We love more friends!

Okay, I'm off to gather more info! We'll be moving right along soon!

Terry

"First star on the right, and straight on 'till morning!"
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA

Hails from United States

Hey coolray ,
I've been lurking in on this , here and there , and seeing how it's been
going , and I think it's really cool , so thumbs up and give that guy ,
moonolithic a warm round of applause , and a good beer !
It's great to show , what goes into it, is that your actual purpose ?
or to start an indie or just for fun ? Oh comics , comix , I could write an essay. Over and out fer now,
yours,
stillbill
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2006, 12:51 PM
A Local Legend
London, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Richard! Im glad you came over I'm going to request to get this into its own thread though, so people who arent looking in ont this project can see your comic.

This is very grismal, dark and disturbing! You've done a pretty nice job - I like the use of the red coming in at the end.

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

Okay, Dried paint, I have your portion of the comic. I will post another portion for whomever wants to take it and run with it.

Fazzlov the imp jingled the keys in his hand, taunting the beast. Loud screams came from the beast as if it were angered past any reasoning.

"Are you ready for a walk my pet? I'm sure you are. Heheh. I want you to go for a long walk. Don't be in a hurry to come home until you have played with all your toys! Hahahahah!" The imp took pleasure in what he had planned.

The chains sounded as if they were being pulled tight as the beast lurched forward.

"Calm down, my pet. I will release you as soon as you show me that you will behave."

Again, with almost complete understanding, the beast settled down.

"That's a good boy. Heh, you are just about as perfect a speciman as there ever was in these parts. I hope you serve me well for years to come."

"Click" The key was inserted into the lock and the chains fell to the floor, and the beast pounced on the imp, throwing him backwards to the floor.

"It's me! Your master! You can't hurt me!!!!" screamed Fazzlov.

The beast stood on top of the imp, breathing heavily. The hot moist air coming from the beast's nostrils, was repulsive to the imp. But that didn't compare to the sticky saliva from the beast that oozed down and puddled on Fazzlov's clothes.

"Awwww, c'mon now! That is enough! Get up and let me off of this floor before I turn you into some small insect and squash you!!!"

The beast slowly released his grip and let Fazzlov go. But he kept his eye on his so-called master, as if to say that this wasn't the end, and that when he returned, there wouldn't be any holding back. None at all. Fazzlov saw that look in the beast, and knew his time could be over on their next encounter. Then the beast turned and walked into the darkness, heading for his mission that he had been trained to do.

"That's it my pretty dumb animal. Go do your duty, and when you come back I will be waiting for you."

Fazzlov twirled around and rested on the table where the colorful rock shards were. "I'll have those stones, and you my little shards of precious stones will show me where they are! HAHAHAHAHAH! Fazzlov laughed deleriously, until he couldn't laugh any more.

Well, there you go! Have fun!!

For those of you who are looking on, and would like to know what we are doing....this is just a project for fun. I'm takin a novel that I've been writing, and we are making a comic version out of it. Just to see what we can do. Learn from each other.

So, If you're interested in doing a page, leave a note here.

Bayoudragon, are you ready for the challenge?

Terry

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Planet earth, California

Hails from El Salvador

CAN I HAVE A PAGE?....... PLEASE??
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

ChiCha, you want it, you got it! Here is your page. This is page 3, for those who are keeping track of the storyline.

Xandar couldn't ask for a more beautiful day, concerning the weather. That excited him, for he knew it would be a great day for getting into some mild misadventures with his friend of the forest, Rion, which continued to be an everyday routine for the two young lads. Xandar scrambled around his room and finally finished dressing for the day. Pulling his hair back into the usual ponytail, and clipping it with a hairpiece that belonged to his father, Xandar readied himself to do his dailies. He greeted his mother in the area reserved for their food preparation, and sat down to a quick breakfast. His mother prepared him his list for the morning, so that Xandar knew what he had to do.

"Xandar , don't forget to gather some of the southern moss for the soup this evening."

"I won't mother." Xandar said with his mouth full of the fruits and hot cereal that he had been eating.

"What are your plans today? As if I don't already know."

"Rion and me are going to our favorite hideaway. You never know what you might find there!"

"Well be carefull, and make sure all of your dailies are done before leaving."

"I will mother." Xandar replied.

Xandar and his mother got along very well. He would do anything for her, now that his father wasn't around. Xandar lost his father in a war raid of the Dragston Trolls, a treacherous bunch of non-caring beasts. When Xandar had finished his meal , he immeadiatly went to the meeting tree, carrying a large flask for water. the meeting tree became the only easy access to acquire the water, which channeled up from a small stream below. On the way Xandar ran through the other dailys that he would have to do; repair the broken rail around the dwelling, bring home the water, check the roof for leaks, and, gather the southern moss. After bringing the water flask home, Xandar immeadiatly inspected the roof, which appeared fine, then repaired three feet of broken railing. With that done, all that he had left to do, was to gather the southern moss. Xandar took a basket to gather the moss in. The moss grew in a certain area of the woods. It would not grow at the outer rims of Y'landergrove, but grew plentiful in the shadier areas. Southern moss made a sweet soup. Xandar loved it. The return trip had Xandar all excited because he knew he was done for the day. Upon arriving home, Xandar announced that he had finished.

"Mother, here is the moss you needed! Is it alright to go to Rion's now?" Xandar asked, as he always did.

"Yes, and thank you for your help today. Have fun, but stay out of trouble!" warned his mother, in a joking way.

"I will! Bye!"

There you are! I hope you enjoy the fun! Anyone else? I will prolly post one more page, then let it rest for a bit, while we see the results of these 3 pages.

Terry

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Heule, Belgium

Hails from Belgium

I'm willing to take on a page!

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

Fylia, here is ur page!

Rion lived some eighty feet away from Xandar . Their families' treetop abodes stood tall, connected by a web of walkways which became the only way to get around, and did not decend to the ground, unless you went to the center of the village, to the meeting tree. There, at the meeting tree, stood a single spiral stairway that led to the ground below. It had been decided as a security measure for the village to have the one stairway leading into their village. It stood as the only way that intruders could get to the lofty city, but not the only means of escape for the elven clan. They knew the trees, and had escape routes planned in case of such emergencies. In all the years that any Y'landergrovite could remember, none had penetrated this fortress. The elven clan of Y'landergrove were resorceful to say the least, which kept them prosperous in their village.

The slight bouncing of the wooden and vine walkway, kept in time with Xandar 's bouncy stride to Rion's dwelling. Rion had already been out gathering the Palorys fruit, a five sided multi-colored fruit with a sweet to tart taste that varied from color to color. They grew on the neighboring trees, which made it handy for a quick bite on the run. His mother requested that he gather the Palorys for her to prepare for the mid-day meal. Rion wasn't aware that his friend had finished his dailys, and that he would shortly enter Rion's homestead. Xandar , who picked up the pace, became nearly out of breath from running such a short distance so fast.

"Rion! Wait up!"

Rion stopped and turned. His face lit up as his best friend neared him. It seemed like they hadn't seen each other in ages, and it had only been yesterday.

"Xand!" Rion said with enthusiasm

"Are you done with your dailies?" Asked Xandar.

"Just about. I have to get these Paloryberries to mother. C'mon in!" invited Rion.

Rion's home resembled Xandar 's in overall structure. Rooms were made by entertwining vines in-between the upright main branches, the doors were trimmed out by parting the vines to make an opening and then using more vines, making an edge to finish out the hole. Each doorway different and unique from the other, no two alike. The walls were neatly woven in patterns that reflected each elven household. This particular house had diagonal weaving, with circle designs interspersed. The furniture, more ornate than the walls, displayed the Y'landergrove craftsmanship. Choice woods were used in carving seats, tables, bowls, shelves, and other fine articles that lay about the house. A hand carved table graced the room in which Xandar and Rion entered, which was surrounded by highback chairs that reflected thin graceful lines, for which this clan was famous for. Rion place the fruit into a bowl that sat on the table, it too bore intricate embellishment.

"Mother! I brought the fruit in!" called Rion.

"Thank you my son." called a voice from another room.

"Can I leave with Xandar ? He has already finished his dailies!"

"Yes, mind yourselves, you two seem to know where to find trouble!" reminded the half stern voice.

"We will!" replied Rion as he and Xandar headed out of the door. It was the same ritual everyday, but the boys didn't mind.

Enjoy!

Terry

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

This is a line that is missing from the last part of the page that I gave to ChiCha....add it at the bottom of the page.

Xandar sped out of the door, and headed to his best friend on this planet.

Sorry for the mixup. I just saw the mistake. heh

Terry

#56   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
various parts of NJ

Hails from United States

I'd be willing to *try*. I can't guarantee that it'll be good, but it could be interesting! I've always wanted to try drawing a comic, but I lack the skills to make a decent plot!

The Melody of Logic always plays the Notes of Truth.
http://wstopdeck.deviantart.com
www.cafepress.com/wstopdeck
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Southeast Missouri

Hails from United States

WStopdeck.....

You are more than welcome to climb on board! I will try to post something in the next day or two, then you can have at it. This is not whether you're good or not, it's about learning from each other, and just having fun. So let's have fun!

Terry

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2006, 04:59 PM

Cool! This is going good! Cant wait til another page gets up there. People can only look at mine so many times lol.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member
various parts of NJ

Hails from United States

Sweet!

The Melody of Logic always plays the Notes of Truth.
http://wstopdeck.deviantart.com
www.cafepress.com/wstopdeck
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Planet earth, California

Hails from El Salvador

Thanks for the page Terry!