WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Veteran Member
Sydney

Hails from Australia
Sewn 'painting'

We had to do this for college - make a painting without paint. So I sewed it. I've spray-glued batting onto a board & laced it onto that. Fabrid, beads, threads & plastic dolphins. It's called 'Wide Brown Land".

I've just photographed all my work as assessment is the week after next. Most though not all, fits quite well on this forum. It's too quiet. Let's get some action on this forum!

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2005, 08:40 AM
A WC! Legend
Devon, UK

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Sewn 'painting'

I love the title and your interpretation of it
Yes ... I know its a bit quiet ... usually is at this time of year ... I suppose its because everyone is busy outdoors here and in the US.
I'm sure it will get busier soon
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2005, 08:44 AM
A WC! Legend
Central Mexico

Hails from Mexico

Wendy this is a gorgeous piece. If you look at it at a distance you can really see the dolphins floating. It looks a lot like a painting and you stitched very dilicately. Nice work, Wendy.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Sydney

Hails from Australia

Cold here suddenly. It's dark at 5 pm & I have been going home in the dark wearing jeans & a long sleeved tee shirt - no warm undies. Suddenly we're rugged up. Many layers of clothing. My long winter break is coming up. Hope some of you are about!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
A Local Legend
Central New York

Hails from United States

Very nice.

I've personally been away from my computer for just over a week now. I've been so busy I can't even remember what was making me so busy. For me, it can snow from October until the end of April so the limited time we have without the cold is spent outside getting ready for the next winter and doing all of the wonderful summer things. Not everything is wonderful but being able to do it outside is I'm also busy painting cars at the moment. I have a tailgate in my livingroom, a pickup in my driveway and a semi scheduled in a couple of weeks. Last week I was up until 4 am painting a semi. It's just that time of year....

"No one said it had to be real, but it's got to be something you can reach out and feel" Meatloaf