WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Lord of the Arts
Calgary AB

Hails from Canada
Re: Report All Bugs Here

Great job that you did getting the site back up and running. I have to take it for a test drive.

"Art is an outsider, a gypsy over the face of the earth." ~Robert Henri
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Enthusiast
Southern California

Hails from United States

First of all thank you for all the hard work on the site!
I went through withdrawals while it was down
so kudos on the extra fast work

My preferred options dont seem to be working right. I always have the button checked NO for previewing threads.
I HATE those pop up windows for previewing threads and I even went into options and rechecked the NO box and re-saved. They still pop up.

I was puzzled as to everyones joy over the icons they all look the same from before LOL

EDIT:Ok Now I see them LOL must have needed to refresh my browser - they do look different - KEWL thanks Kerri and team!
Have to admit I love emoticons <snicker> how bout adding some more?!

Penelle

"Come see the tasty human goat... staked out like an idiot." ~ John Crichton (Farscape)

"This isn't how I pictured coming back." ~Aeryn
"It's just fate... as usual, keeping its bargain and screwing us in the fine print." ~ John

Last edited by Kamaranoir : 05-28-2005 at 12:03 AM.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 07:46 AM
A Local Legend
London

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Kerri - well done for getting the site up and running so fast, given what you had to do.

Quick update:

(1) I always use the upload rather than attach function and I can see all the pictures in my threads as full images (so maybe you've fixed Madmum's problem?)

(2) I'm seeing some images as attached thumbnails which didn't use to happen ie my settings should mean I see attachments and uploads in the same way - as full images rather than as thumbnails.

(3) the time on my clock is an hour wrong for London - it should be showing British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT +1 hour. Instead it says it's showing "GMT + 1 hour" (down the bottom of the page) but it's actually an hour ahead of that (ie 2 hours ahead of GMT) - and the time is wrong as well. So right now I'm writing at 10:29am on Saturday and it's showing the time as 11:21am.

(4) there are no dates and times showing when a thread was started under the titles of the threads

(5) my contributor icon status is missing from the top line of my posts

The site is running faster than it was at one point last night - when it was VERY slow. On the other hand, it always does on a Saturday morning when the USA is still asleep and not on the Internet!

I wonder whether it was just weight of numbers getting back on-line? We were making jokes while WC was off-line about the fact that we'd crash the site when it was up and running again with all the people who were all jockeying to post their work done while the site was down!

Thanks again for all the efforts made to get things back to normal - much appreciated.

Katherine

PS Can I echo the request for more emoticons if poss.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Lord of the Arts
Under Witness Protection

Kerri ~ I have a website with WC and I need to have some pics uploaded to my site for auctions beginning tomorrow. I know that you have shut down FTP for awhile, but when I try to contact [email protected] to get instructions for sending the pics to you guys to have them loaded, I receive a fatal error on the delivery of the mail to you (originating from my ISP email account, by the way, NOT from my WC website email account). How do I get these files to you so I can get them uploaded by tomorrow?

Thanks to all for the hard work ~ I do enterprise support/analyst for a living, I know first hand what a crash can do.

~ Susan

P.S. ~ Since I can't get into my WC email, please send any helpful response to [email protected].

www.WatkinsStudio.etsy.com
"I am Dyslexic of Borg. ~ Resistance is futile. ~ Prepare to have your @ss laminated."

Last edited by Lampburke : 05-28-2005 at 10:07 AM.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Malmoe, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

You are probably aware of this, but uploading images is not working from Mac OSX. Also the links ""Member services", "Content areas", "Tools", "Quick links" etc are not working on this platform.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Lord of the Arts
Chicago, Illinois

Hails from United States

Art Project system
located in projects final entries, Entry titled "Driftwood".... page.....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/P...&proj_id=8 29

I have entered this (sat 5-28) and it is not showing up as a small image. Clicking on the "x" in the frame, does show the image in its larger format.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/P...entry_id=47966

I have rechecked my saveings and they are correct ( 600 pixels high x 429 wide..slightly under 100k)....I have reworked the image in my workshop (adobe) and re-entered this in the project and it does the same thing....no small image.
I have checked properties of this against other similar entries of mine, and they are congruent with each other.
I have entered this firstly through a saved link from my aol directly to project deatails..then deleted it

This image was loaded going to wet canavas,..clicking project system..clicking my projects...clicking add...upload image
Both tries had the same results.

Further more, apparently when clicking on an entry and commenting on it, the link does not show up.....please refer to these posts by Helen on page 162..............
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...page=162&pp=15
Post #'s........... 2421...2422 and 2433

I know you must be extremely busy, and exhausted, and it may take awhile before you get around to this , but I hope this helps you find and correct the glitches.
Thank you for everything, and your tremendous efforts on restoring wet canvas, and all are doing.
best wishes and many thanks
david
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 02:12 PM
A WC! Legend
Jasper, TN (in the mountains west of Chattanooga)

Hails from United States

Kerri,

Thank you, and your crew, for all your hard work!! It's terrible that this happened to you and hope who ever it was will be caught and put in jail!!

My question is, why am I seeing thumbnails, when I have them turned off in "My WC."

Thank you,
Paula
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 02:13 PM
A WC! Legend
Calgary, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats
You are probably aware of this, but uploading images is not working from Mac OSX. Also the links ""Member services", "Content areas", "Tools", "Quick links" etc are not working on this platform.

Mats, I am running OSX (10.3.9) on a Mac and am not having the problems you are talking about.

Not a bug, but I am really liking the addition of the quick post option.

Do all you can with what you have, in the time you have, in the place you are. -Nkosi Johnson Twelve-year-old Zulu boy, living with AIDS
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Town of Arlington, Washington State USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolb121
Been trying to get into chat. Using newest version of Java. Chatblazer appears to start but chat hangs at the Java applet window.

Before trying to enter chat, the front page does not show who is in any room currently chatting.

Dunno if this is a real problem and has anything to do with the really fast transfer you did. Chat has been twitchy before...

Don

Another problem I see with chat is when the Java applet window comes up, under rooms there are no rooms shown. That may be the reason I can't get into a room...they don't exist...
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Enthusiast
Washington, DC USA

Hails from United States

Just ecohing the project comment problem. The comment link brings upthe reply window but not the link to the pic you are commenting on.

I wonder if the faded looking thumbnails are a low resolution version of the image to save bandwidth?

Great to see the site back up though!
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 07:03 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Rust Belt

Hails from United Nations

Hi again,

Attachments prior to "linux" don't seem to be operating or appearing as links; several don't appear to work. New attachments are all appearing (on my screen) as thumbs. A few uploads are also not showing as images.

Just went from a thread in one forum directing me to look at another, and it appeared I wasn't signed in. Switched back to original forum, status correct.

So much hard work, thanks.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 07:06 PM
A WC! Legend
Perth Western Australia

Hails from Australia

My defaults don't work. I have no ticked on the pop up thing and no for the clickabe images.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 07:17 PM
A Local Legend
London UK

Hails from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars
...Attachments prior to "linux" don't seem to be operating or appearing as links; several don't appear to work. New attachments are all appearing (on my screen) as thumbs. A few uploads are also not showing as images....

Attachments 260372 - 260552 seem not to be working ( or have been replaced by a 42byte file named clear.gif )

Dave
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Easton, MD

Hails from United States

Maybe this has already been stated...if so it must have been in technical terms that I don't understand.

I can't upload pictures.

For other peoples pictures most appear as little white boxes with a red "X" in them that does nothing when you click on it. The sponsor bar on the left of the home page is the same way.

Some pictures show the name of the file instead of the thumbnail, but still no picture.

Thanks....I really enjoy this site.

Kendra

My Ebay

If you want to make sure your day seems to go up hill, just step on rabbit guts barefoot first thing. Mr. Smiley
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2005, 08:14 PM
A Local Legend
81200 - Mexico

Hails from Mexico
About The Art Project System

When we go to Wet Canvas site we are at WWW.WETCANVAS.COM, but [as Dave (dcorc) has accurately mentioned above], there's a parallel 'auxiliary' address that exists unnoticed by us members, but serves as WC's storage ..

One type of pictures are stored at the main WC address, and others at the auxiliary address; The site software have a cross-reference platform that takes care of that for us ...

Right now, the software keeps storing the pics at the auxiliary URL (or so it shows after examining the page sourcecode), but it is failing on a certain routine needed to calling/retrieving the stored pics from the correct address;

Once that simple glitch is corrected, all pictures will be shown in our screens seamlessly, without further assistance from us.
(* unless another condition would be found, that I could have overlooked at this time..)

Please let's be patient as there are several crucial issues needing to be urgently corrected first..

Kind Regards

Last edited by Jet : 05-28-2005 at 09:09 PM.