WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Wearable Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
The Windy City, IL

Hails from United States
Show and Tell Sep 10, 2004 Friday

Monring everyone! Here is set of ceramic beads I call "Monsoon Season", Teal with olive bursts small black dots with MOP luster. I hope by saturday to have soem finished jewelry to share. MOP is exceptionally hard to photograph.

So now show me your pretties!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck
Attached Images

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Key West

Hails from Tibet
Re: Show and Tell Sep 10, 2004 Friday

OOOH Ms. Mary those are FAB!!!! Can I have them???

I tend to cruise this thread and enjoy but don't usually post any of my stuff... seems like I'm always making something for it to go out the door.... which is good.... so here are a few pieces of my lampwork into bracelets. The red/black/yellow incorporated some furnace glass beads my friend made as "floaties." The other two are made in a "galaxy style," using some Swarovski Crystals and Bali. Glass colors are Lausha olive and ivory, and copper green with teal and purple, both have goldstone which doesn't show up much in the pic... but really kicks butt in the beads! (yeah... I like these!)
Peace,
Lois
Attached Images

-Unknown
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast
Beautiful Southern Coast of Maine

Hails from United States

Mary, those are LOVELY! I've got to peruse your site again & place an order soon!

Lois, so glad you posted. The bracelets are terrific. I have some furnace glass, but, honestly, I never think to mix it with lampwork. I'm going to have to re-examine a few projects I have going. (P.S.-Are you REALLY sure you want to head to the Keys? I'm half joking, I'd love the climate, but sheesh this hurricaine season is horrid.)

In loving memory of TJ, 2/28/85-5/9/04. We'll never forget your beautiful smile.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 11:08 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Germany

Mary - lovely beads, great luster!!

Lois - one bracelet more beautiful than the other! I especially love the last one, great colours, and great lampwork!!

I'm gonna be a threadhog today - sorry! But I HAVE been busy, made three sets... The black/white ring and earrings have buttons (inlaid with MOP) set in 'em.
Attached Images

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 11:09 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from Germany

Here are the matching earrings:
Attached Images

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 11:29 AM
A Local Legend
Saint George Island, FL & Stafford Springs, CT

Hails from United States

Mary - those are gorgeous! You must love opening your kiln when you find something like this! Reminds me of the oil slicks on puddles that we used to ride our bikes through. Not a romantic thought but they were so pretty to me.

Lois - no wonder they fly out the door! Love them all! But if someone made me pick a fav, it would be the last one.

Andee - I love the simplicity of your pieces and I never was really drawn to that particular Hilltribe bead. But now that I've seen you use it, I think I will have to get some. I like the way you squared off the earring posts to enhance your design too.

pat

A great exercise for the heart is to reach down and lift someone up.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast
Beautiful Southern Coast of Maine

Hails from United States

Stunning, stunning, stunning, Andee! I'm especially drawn to the frosted aqua of the chunky square set!

In loving memory of TJ, 2/28/85-5/9/04. We'll never forget your beautiful smile.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 12:34 PM
A Local Legend
In a little cottage by the sea (Edmonds, WA)

Beautiful color on those beads Mary!

Lois - I'm so happy to see you post! Great beads and bracelets! Do those yellow beads float over the silver bars???!!! Can't pick a favorite

Andee you have been busy! Great sets - all of them!

My Blog / My Etsy / My Website
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
A Local Legend

Oh Mary they are show-stoppers!

Lois, I also am really glad you got some pics for us before your latest beauties flew off to their new owners! Thank you for posting them for us!

Hi Lori!

Andee..... sigh.... I love your style.... did you know that???

Pat!

Pam!

(edited..... sorry for all the wavy, jumpy icons! I just looked at my post and it almost gave me a seizure! I might be back later with some pics, and no animated icons! )

Last edited by DonnaBee : 09-10-2004 at 01:01 PM.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
A Local Legend
Saint George Island, FL & Stafford Springs, CT

Hails from United States

Hey Donna! Waving back at you!!!

pat

A great exercise for the heart is to reach down and lift someone up.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Chicago IL

Hails from United States

Wow, great stuff, everyone!

Lois & Mary: Niiiice beads! It's people like you who are gonna eventually get me to start using more beads in my work!

Andee: Cool designs; I especially like the mother of pearl set. Also, I have been looking for a way to photograph my earrings better, and I love what you did. I'm gonna have to find a clear tube and steal your set-up, if you don't mind.

Here's some of the stuff I worked on over the weekend. First are a couple of sterling earrings (see, I *do* need a new set-up!). Then a sterling necklace, a sterling bracelet and finally a steel & aluminum bracelet. Enjoy!
Attached Images

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 01:36 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Germany

You all are so nice to me, thank you!

Donna - not sure if I knew that, but I do now! Thanks!

Rebeca - nah, of course I don't mind you "stealing" my set up! And wow, you have been busy! How long are those earrings? I'm sure if I put them on they would dangle somewhere in the area of my belly button! I love every piece, but especially the necklace and the first bracelet! Wow!
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Chicago IL

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee
How long are those earrings? I'm sure if I put them on they would dangle somewhere in the area of my belly button!
hee, hee! The green ones are about 2 3/4" long and the 2nd ones are about 2 inches long. So they're not incredibly long, but the first ones definitely have some weight to them! I want to put them on some lever backs, if my order from Rio would ever arrive...
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:39 PM
The Windy City, IL

Hails from United States

Lois - I love that green bracelet. Been thinking about your new house too. I hope it fairs well wiht the hurricane.

Andee - the blue is so cooling feeling, very easy ont he eyes! I really like what you did with them!

Rebeca - the second pair of earrings are calling my name, too bad I dont have a beautiful neck to show them off with!

And thank you guys for liking the new beadies. Back to the garage sale and work!

-mary
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Southern California

Hails from United States

Rebeca- wonderful wirework! I love the chain-maille!!!

Andee- I'm in awe as usual over your great pieces!

Okay. I finally finished some stuff. I'm going to sell these at the local art association's gallery downtown. Let's see how they do!

The first 2 are a set- sterling silver wire, and chain with fiber-optic beads, glass beads, freshwater pearls and furnace beads. I hope that I made the bracelet small enough, but not too small. I'm 6'2", so I have really big wrists- if I try making something that fits my wrists, it's going to be too big for most people.

The third picture is a micro-fiber suede necklace with a PMC pendant with a furnace bead and a handmade clasp. I used this old Indian wooden stamp that I got in Holland to make the pendant. And, I discovered that I can burnish my PMC pieces with a steel spoon- that adds a lot of depth to my them.

Thanks for taking a look, everyone!

Liz
Attached Images