WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 07:50 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States
Re: New forum layout

Our opinions are one way for Scott to get feedback on what is going right and what is going wrong with the new system.

I have to admit, I am starting to get used to the changes now. The scroll problem is fixed for the most part now. Still a bit slow ( and I don't care how long it took in the dark ages! We're talking about the here and now), but slightly better.

The most annoying problem for me is that when I access a forum that I visited yesterday, I have to reload the page in order to see the two new pages. Everytime!!!

I don't like the "do you want a receipt" for this pm? Aargh! Is this Radio Shack?

Other than these and others input, I also want to thank Scott for putting up a terrific, time consuming effort to make our lives here better.

I detest the name Artist Nation! Makes us sound like an emerging super power!

Renee

Last edited by impressionist2 : 01-07-2004 at 07:53 AM.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 10:26 AM
A WC! Legend
Lawn Guylind

Hails from United States

OK, one other thing...when you're in reply to this thread mode, like I am now, can the box be centered?

also in the past, all the additional options were much smaller, so if you wanted to refer to an older post it didn't mean scrolling down as far...right now the additional options take up 1/2 the page. I preferred the pulldown windows for that.

Oh and please more the reply buttons to the right side? It's counter intuitive to look for them on the left...

and can you add this back to the bottom of the page?

WetCanvas! > The Town Center > WetCanvas! Site Discussions > New forum layout so we don't have to scroll up (i have my preferences set to 30 posts or threads per page, so that's alot of scrolling)
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Immortalized
Outside The Box that is Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by impressionist2

Renee

I agree...doesnt foster images of art the way WetCanvas does when you hear it...

Scott the name isnt set in stone yet is it??? Surely a more catchy creative name can be thought up!! How about a competition for it ...with a prize for the winner
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 12:20 PM
A WC! Legend
Montana

Hails from United States

Scott...I absolutely LOVE the way we can read the messages on the email notification. Today is a better day for sure.

I found that in Open Critiques, several people were clicking on the right reply button which ALWAYS gives the quote (which I know they didn't want) in their unfamiliarity with it being on the left.

I'm thrilled to not have the thumbnails...

Though I am quite fond of 'WetCanvas' & don't want to see it change, it's certainly YOUR call for what ever reasons you see fit. We're guests here!!

~Be COURAGEOUS, It's one of the few places left still uncrowded~

~Life is not measured by it's length BUT by it's depth~
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 12:26 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

lol....and I miss the thumbnails!!! Now I have to switch back and forth to see the pic when I reply...just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time lol!
And I also like artistnation...to me it's a global picture...we're all artists with similar goals and it suits the size this place has grown to.

You really have my sympathies, Scott...this is a big tough job and mostly we're all grateful that you would go through everything you do so we can have a place like this to gather.

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 01:10 PM
A WC! Legend
So. California

Hails from United Nations

Quote:
Originally Posted by impressionist2
I don't like the "do you want a receipt" for this pm? Aargh! Is this Radio Shack?

I agree; just one more button to click, which interferes with surfing, especially since most of us don't give a rat's patootie about receipts. Give the receipt-mongers an extra button to push, not the rest of us!

Quote:

But Renee, that's exactly what we are!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
NJ

Hails from United States

Thanks, Scott, for all you've given to this site. It is the best!

Have to give more time to the learning curve before passing judgement.

The thing I am missing is the bar beneath the posters in a thread that allowed you to click on their home page. If it's not listed in their signature it doesn't appear easily.
It also is difficult to reply without scrolling to the bottom to find the one reply button that does not involve a quote. All those quotes take up time and space on the screen.
How about "Artists United" a worldwide art group...formerly WC.
or "Artists World"
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 01:18 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by artinoils
The thing I am missing is the bar beneath the posters in a thread that allowed you to click on their home page. If it's not listed in their signature it doesn't appear easily.

Click on their name in the post, a drop down menu will appear - its in there.

Quote:
It also is difficult to reply without scrolling to the bottom to find the one reply button that does not involve a quote. All those quotes take up time and space on the screen.

A quick CTRL-A, the DELETE, will get rid of all those quotes if you don't want them.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Lord of the Arts
Maryland

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbabe21
Scott...I absolutely LOVE the way we can read the messages on the email notification.

Me too me too me too! What a time saver.

Jinx
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Enthusiast
Kansas

Hails from United States

I, too, really like the way we can read the messages on the email notification. This is a real time-saver for me, as I have a rather slow internet connection.

I have found the new version is slower, but I'm hoping that time will cure that.

One thing I keep in mind is that even though I use this site and really enjoy being here and the interaction between artists from around the world, this is really Scott's baby and he can do whatever he wants with it. And, he's the one who came up with the first name, and he can change it to whatever he wants.

I just want to say that I appreciate all that Scott, et al, do. I owe a lot to the folks here for keeping me motivated and growing. Life is full of change. I just go with the flow!
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Rhode Island

Hails from United States

Thanks Scott for the update! I love the new lay out. Actually I another board I belong with went with the exact same format as this one.

I'll have to be another one with the comment that even with a DSL connection, the loading times for the pages are very, very slow. Hopefully that will fix itself with time. I wonder if it has something to do with the number of members and the numbers os people posting. The other board that went with the same format is pretty fast. They aren't nearly the size of this place.

Once again Scott...

#72   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 PM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottweilerMom
I'll have to be another one with the comment that even with a DSL connection, the loading times for the pages are very, very slow. Hopefully that will fix itself with time. I wonder if it has something to do with the number of members and the numbers os people posting. The other board that went with the same format is pretty fast. They aren't nearly the size of this place.

We are still reindexing, and that is putting some strain on the servers, as are the hordes of people playing around right now lol.
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2004, 11:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Scot what happened to the link inthe signatures to look at that persons pics in the image library??
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2004, 12:06 AM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by laudesan
Scot what happened to the link inthe signatures to look at that persons pics in the image library??

All of those things will be worked back in over time.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

O.k.