WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

Re: *** Daily Wash Friday 14th June 2019 ***

Morning all -

It's a lovely cool morning here - heavy marine layer and our high today will be low 70s. I wish THIS was Saturday because it would be a perfect time right now to be out in the yard weeding and pruning!

We have a farmers' market in town now so I went yesterday (just the second week and I plain forgot about it last week). Well...QUITE small at this point and only a couple vendors with actual produce, but they had a bigger selection than I expected locally. Next week I will defer my lunch hour until 3pm and go when the market opens because I missed out on things like carrots and cauliflower - they were just sold out. I got what I could; enjoyed talking with the farmers who were clearly enjoying connecting with their end customers.

I got some strawberries from the one vendor that had them and ate a basket last night. Still a little bit on the tart side and SMALL. Not quite what I want for jam, but there is another farm I will check at tomorrow.

Bill, those raised beds are a lot of work to build! The one I did happened in shifts, especially hauling all the different soils/composts back there and dumping and mixing them. Heavy stuff for me.

Well....I know Alan's finger cut shouldn't be comical as Char mentioned, but really JJ, from everything you say about him, I can completely picture Alan and his OTT response. He is beyond lucky that you will continue living with him because he sounds like someone who would be completely incapable of taking care of himself on his own - many of us do and standing around screaming after a cut is pretty stupid (as is not looking in the sink ahead of time).

I figure screech is some kind of alcohol? Ellen, I was wondering if you were typing on your phone and it turned "scotch" into "screech?" At my old company, everyone finally realized that potlucks turned into dessert fests so we started having signups where the desserts were limited just to have a bit more balance.

Char, enjoy your "bonus day" of the week

Anita, good to hear from you. Maybe your doctor can give you a B vitamin shot to see if that helps spark a little more energy? (are those shots still a "thing"?)

I dunno Lynn - August is still a ways off! You might not need all the woolies by then :-)

I hope Steve has a photo of his new kitten today. My youngest - Oscar - is a ginger boy. I had wanted an orange kitten forever and they are among the first to be adopted at the shelters. I saw him on a Saturday after he had been neutered. The staff wouldn't even let me touch/hold him and they wouldn't let me fill out the papers to adopt him - I had to come back the next day. I was so in love with him already and so terrified someone else would get there first so I showed up at the shelter 2 hours before they opened and camped outside the door! It was a good thing too because they decided to let me sit in the lobby to wait and I overheard someone who was collecting cats and kittens for an adoption event at a pet store and that person wanted to take Oscar - another person chimed in and said no, that lady in the lobby is here for him!
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 12:47 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Tracy, we've had two orange/amber cats, and they were our favorites. A male orange named "Tang" and a female peach colored named "Amber." We still miss them after all these years.

Uschi, I don't understand the high prices for internet usage in Canada. I get unlimited usage for $40 a month. I pay $20 a month for the phone to allow telemarketers to aggravate me.
Bill

#18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member

Bill, your internet is a LOT cheaper than west coast! (I can speak for California and Washington).

I love the names Tang and Amber - especially Tang ;-) Amber was a rarity! Only about 20% of orange cats are female!
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 01:26 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

I pay about USD$38 a month for unlimited internet ( slower than Doug as we don't have fibre yet) at 17/20mbps....and that includes unlimited landline telephone use....could get cheaper but don't have satellite service.

Been out in garden to chop weeds back...started raining,again.

geoff
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 03:56 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Hiya Painter People! It's been a beautiful day, albeit quite windy with the breeze checking in at 50kph.

Parsley's in the ground and Simon and Ted have nearly got the cable buried. Simon is really happy to have decent internet.

I made a quick trip to town and got my hair cut. It's only ok. The grocery store next door provided me with a few ingredients for Sunday's dinner (Father's Day) along with some fish for tonight's dinner.

I'm going to head out of doors to read for awhile.

Geoff, we used to love watching a tv show called Mythbusters. The two hosts confirmed or denied all the things that people claim... i.e. myths. On one of the shows, they made a boat from duck tape. And it floated.

Ruth! Doug, sometimes birds will consume those mice or rats that have been poisoned, and it kills them. Can you use a live trap instead?

((Anita)) I'm glad you checked in. I do hope you'll continue asking your Dr. about your fatigue. It's important.

((Lynn)) You're taking a little longer to heal this time. I'm anxious to be able to head out in the RV. I don't usually like camping, but I'd be happy for it this year!

Bill, our cell service is incredibly expensive too. We pay $69 for our internet; $89 for our satellite tv; $49 for our landline phone; $25 each for our cell phones. Yummy soup!

Nancy, what is the name of your FB Group?

Ursula, the reason we're asking you to take your computer to the techies is BECAUSE you're not computer savvy! I seriously doubt, btw, that your new Libra Office has anything to do with your problems.

Living in a farm community, you'd think we would have all kinds of Farmers' markets wouldn't you, Tracy. We don't. But, we can drive to various farms to buy what we need. When we visited our Son in Vancouver a couple of years ago, Chris took us to an Asian Farm Market. I was in food heaven!! It's early for strawberries here too.

Speaking of Chris... he's calling home now and talking to his Dad. I'm going to listen in...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 04:09 PM
A WC! Legend

Scottish strawberries on sale everywhere here now.

geoff
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I pay over the odds for my BT service - £79/$99 a month for unlimited 50Mb/s internet, free landline calls, Caller Display, International calls (Peter) and two mobile phone SIMS with 3GB usage/month. I could pay less I suppose if I shopped around.

Doug
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:50 PM
A WC! Legend

That moon is outside my window,that won't help.
Geoff
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Char, The Cricut site is called Miniatures Made by Cricuters! You have to answer the 3 questions to be allowed into the site.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 07:31 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Hello everyone,

It's been sunny and windy today with much cooler temperatures. It was a good day for Larry to finish planting our garden. Now if we get some nice light rain; no downpours please. We are expecting rain both weekend days. Larry and I took off today and Monday.

We were going to go to see my Mom but with all the rain we couldn't finish planting our garden so we will pick another weekend to go.

We have the week of the 4th of July off but we have plans to work in our kitchen. I'm hoping we can do that.

Jen texted and said she needs to talk to me. She is going to call tonight or this weekend. She likes to talk on the phone about as much as I do. (which is not at all) I think it's because I've been a receptionist for over 20 years and answered my fair share of phone calls. Anyway, we are wondering what she needs to talk to us about.

Our lawn needs cut again but Larry said it can wait until Monday. He's still going through "stuff" and Justin has been nagging him to finish it. I think he's finally seeing that most of his "stuff" that he's saved over the years has never been used, so he's parting with it more easily now.

Char, I'm so sorry about Ted's liver disease but having a diagnosis and knowing how to take care of him is a good thing. That is too bad about your GirlieGirl. She was a good girl. I like Ted's idea for the metal rooster for her grave.

Doug, I hope Ruth's eye starts to become more normal so that her vision will be good.

Sylvia, I hope Kari's meds will start working of her and that she will gain some strength soon. Its good that Larry has resigned himself to walking, it is a good exercise and basically he can see the same things he could when he ran. Plus it's much better on the knees.

Lovely pictures of your flowers Sharon!

JJ, thanks for sharing the pictures too! You always have quite the adventures.

It's cooling off quite rapidly now and I think I should close up the windows now. I don't want to have to turn on the heat again. It's just been so cool for June. I do hope we get some warmer weather soon. I don't like 90F but mid to upper 70'sF would be nice. And a little less rain.

I hope you all have a good weekend!

Darla