WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

Re: *** Daily Wash Wednesday 12th June 2019 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scene Chaser
Tracy, I lived in the Melpitas mountains near San Jose back in 69. It was a different world back then. It was just for the summer but what an education.
Bill

Oh yeah, pre Silicon valley days! San Jose was quite a fruit growing region then! My grandmother and her sister used to travel from Fresno to the San Jose area to work in the fruit packing plants to make money during the depression.

My last couple years living there I was out near Blossom Hill Road. You could drive the road and still see orchards left along the fringes of the valley, but that was 25 years ago and I wonder if any are left now. I was looking up statistics on income for work yesterday so here is a sign of just how crazy it is there now: for a family of four, a household income of $118;000 is considered LOW INCOME. And thatís largely a factor of the high cost of housing. The old studio apartment I used to have in Campbell (450 sq ft) now costs more than my house mortgage. And Iím not exactly in a cheap part of the country myself(Seattle area).
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:39 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

rain has stopped.....
geoff
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 11:16 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Tracy, My sister's in-laws had an apricot orchard. I spent many an evening after work helping them halve the fruit to put on drying racks. They teased me for being so slow. They could do three to my one.

Looks like some rain is coming but most of it is heading for Char.
Bill

Last edited by Scene Chaser : 06-12-2019 at 11:24 PM.