WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: Different Strokes Challenge, June 2019

Not much made sense. Too tired to make a rational post.
Sorry!

Sheila

Dogs and cats rule equally I swear!

Last edited by RoadLessTaken : 06-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 03:44 AM

Thank you!
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriweather
To give you some encouragement, I hope you join in, we are all at different levels, and being that what you like is really 'in the eye of the beholder' being your own measure of aspiration.

I am recently over here learning Acrylics, and this thread is such good fun, but the encouragement here is wonderful. It really doesn't matter as long as you enjoy what you do. I urge you to stay and 'have a go' because you will not know how much fun it is, unless you join in.

I do lots of challenges, in different mediums, but this is my favourite challenge. There is no picture, there is a 'brief' and 'your mind' your imagination. ! You need to read the 'brief' .

Welcome.

cheers
Merri

Thank you for your encouragement 😁
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
Please do join us, absolutely no bar to any level of ability or experience .... even those of us with many years painting still have lots to learn ... and we can as easily learn from a new member as from an ancient one ( like me!!!)

If you need more information, just shout!

In my sleepless hours last night, I did, at least, get ideas for this.... having the time to complete is another matter .... already a week gone!

Thank you for helping me to feel welcome 😊
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Depending on the size, the easiest way is to scan in a high resolution then resize to 100dpi and a max side dimension of 800pixels.

Failing that, photo with camera/phone/tablet, crop to painting only (the rest is not important so eliminate it!), resize to a max dimension of 800pixels and 200kb.
Upload as a jpeg.

iPads are often idiosyncratic at loading with WetCanvas and come out disorientated! ..... if I use the iPad camera I then send it to my desktop for editing and uploading.

Scroll down this thread for illustrations! . it's a sticky near the top of the forum page.

12 days to reveal date everyone - *gulp*!!!!!

THANK YOU! This is very helpful 👍👍
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 08:31 AM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

Great challenge Maureen... I'm already with a fixed idea and in development stage... I'll be trying out some Aluminium panel as support for the challenge ... looking forward for the 21st to see the works!!!!

jlupstr8 this forum is a place were we share and learn. You are always welcome to share, this is an open space for us all to evolve and learn from each other. I look forward for your contribution
Quote:
"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Last edited by fedetony : 06-12-2019 at 08:36 AM.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast
Adelaide area South Australia

Hails from Australia

I have to say re the topic... Movement in art - Rhythm, repetition, line, form and colour! - looking at the 'nude descending the stair case',

If there was no title , cognitively for me, I would just flick it or walk past it. The painting has "Rhythm, repetition, line, form and colour" all of those qualities, but for me personally, my brain space is overworked on first glance.

Anyone else find this picture 'heavy and hard' to look at?

I am well on the way with a subject I have chosen, I will have to take it on holidays with me to be able to complete it. That wont be a problem, it is our winter and its been raining... Oh Yay.. Joy!!!

The weatherman says it is going to continue to rain the wet stuff next week and my holiday destination is by the seaside.

I doubt it will be fish n chips at the seaside though.

I am back on the 22nd and being I am almost a full day ahead of USA and half a day ahead of UK, should be fine.

cheers

Merri
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Merri, I've always found Futurism difficult to ' enjoy'!

It's supposed to be summer here and it's raining ... today, that horrible fine rain all day, foggy and cold too ..... more of it to come still, so I'm going into hibernation!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Merri, I've always found Futurism difficult to ' enjoy'!

It's supposed to be summer here and it's raining ... today, that horrible fine rain all day, foggy and cold too ..... more of it to come still, so I'm going into hibernation!

Good to hear I am not the only one who cognitively cannot process Futurism.

I do feel for you with those annoying days, fine rain is just like a pesky fly. It doesn't soak the ground, it is just annoying. I am sorry you are not getting your sunshine as expected.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Merri,
I saw this painting in person and didn't really look twice at it. A friend asked me if I knew what I was passing up. I'm fairly certain I wanted a cup of coffee and I wanted that more than any more art!

I usually see something and then fail to appreciate it until years later when I know more about it or the technique. For a long time I was in love with the Impressionists but they were so easy. They are usually everybody's first love.

I'm looking forward to another trip to the Museum to find my newest favorites this summer. Last year was ancient Asian art.

I have so not been successful getting much done for this challenge. I'm usually done by now! I had one started but it took a turn and I have another canvas out and prepped but damn if I don't have a puppy jumping into my lap every minute!

Sheila

Dogs and cats rule equally I swear!
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:02 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

I'm no further with mine either - keep changing my mind!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:57 AM
A WC! Legend

Well, I put a base coat down
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:33 AM

Hails from Canada

I am following this month and hope to participate next time. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work.

To see my other work please visit:
https://morgancm6.wixsite.com/Cmartsy
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:08 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Cindy, we still have 8 days before reveal, then also until month's end ... it would be lovely to have you join us.

**My SAA website**
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTaken
Merri,
I saw this painting in person and didn't really look twice at it. A friend asked me if I knew what I was passing up. I'm fairly certain I wanted a cup of coffee and I wanted that more than any more art!

I usually see something and then fail to appreciate it until years later when I know more about it or the technique. For a long time I was in love with the Impressionists but they were so easy. They are usually everybody's first love.

Thanks Sheila, I appreciate that you didn't really look twice at it. I see the skill, but I would not give tuppence for it. It would do nothing for me.