WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 01:08 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Monday 3rd June 2019 ***

Good morning all, a sunny start to the day.

A routine Monday here, driving Ruth and shopping.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 02:31 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 3rd June 2019 ***

Rubbish night till about 0400 then slept till 0630.

Sunny here too...Doctors first thing then a chat to Claire on Face Time.

Geoff
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 02:49 AM
WC! Guide
Llangarron Herefordshire UK

Good morning Doug and all to follow. Sunny here too but cooler. To Hereford later to see my Haematologist consultant. This evening an extra choir practice. Annoyingly have cut the bottom of my right heel on something sharp - bled profusely because I am on blood thinners. So walking is a bit difficult as it was my ‘good’ foot. Shall put my feet up when I can and watch the World Cup cricket.
President DT arrives today with a quite enormous cavalcade. Let us hope there is no trouble ...... fingers crossed.

Mike
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 03:23 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Who of evening all.

Sorry I've been sulking for a few days. my finger really hurts, really truly, if I do anything with it. Roger asked me how I did it. Cleaning the fireplace window. IS it clean? Yeah I washed the wound out before smothering it in bandaids. No, is the window clean? Pooh.

Did the first redressing today cos it was starting to smell. After many yips and moans got the old bandaids off, wound is clean and rather innocuous looking. It will get better. Could have gone to a doctor but the slimy bs would have wanted to stitch it with more pain and for more money for them. Have warned them off before. Binding and approximation of edges works just fine with a dash of time and feeling sorry for oneself.

Ellen, that sounds like a fantastic wedding. Life and love and celebration. The best.

Lyn, looking good.

Sorry you had such a bummer day for your birthday Kay. Cats will fix you.

Remembering... CRAFT ....

My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 03:23 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Geoff, hi Mike. Sorry you are having foot trouble Mike, just when you were getting more mobile.

PS Hi Annie - another walking wounded! Hope your finger repair works.

Doug
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 03:50 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Good evening.

I had a lovely day, going into the city to listen to an historic talk on the findings of a metal detector. Harold Peacock History out There

A very interesting man, i will go to more of his talks.

I got the bus home, and got off a few streets away from my home. I walked home. Distance 1.33 km (826 yards) - Elev Gain 30 mTime 19m 55s

I am feeling much better and so glad i could walk this, with comfort.

Hugs Mike, wounds in the soles of the feet are painful, especially the heal..

Geoff sorry you are not sleeping, so frustrating..

Annie ouch, and I don't blame you for not going to the Dr. I do my own butterfly sutures too. Heal fast.

Enjoy your day Doug, and all to follow. I need to go put my lamb shanks in the pressure cooker.

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 04:03 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Bandaids make it better JJ ..
My Flickr Site
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 04:53 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Annie
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 04:55 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Cold here today at 43 F. Still dark.
((Annie))

((Mike)) Hope it heals quickly.
DT will be everything you'd expect him to be. Before landing he's already called mayor Sadiq Khan an insulting name.

HI Geoff, Doug and JJ.
Bill

#10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 05:52 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is 5:45 a.m. here in getting light Oakwood. One noisy bird is welcoming the dawn outside my window.

Wonderful cooler temps last night and again today. Feels like Spring instead of Summer.

Off to art class this afternoon so will draw something to work on. I have a photo of a downy woodpecker at a feed cage from paint my photo.com I'll probably use.

Annie, Ouch, that sounds like a nasty cut you have. Hope it heals quickly and cleanly for you.

Mike, Same wish for you, so sorry you cut your heal.

JJ, Glad you were able to walk that distance!

Lynn, Loved the photos of your art show and family in yesterday's Wash!

to all above and on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 07:05 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Bill, hi Sylvia. Did you ever post your gallery wrap demo?

Doug
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Monday morning....will be another hot one today, mid 90's. We've hit our summer where my 11 AM it's already too hot and muggy to do much of anything outside. Early mornings and evenings the new routine.

Just a quick note before we head to Lisa's doctor appointment this morning.
Just wanted to apologize to our UK friends about DT. He deserves no respect at all.

Will drop back in later, by time we get back from Lisa's appointment it will be too hot to do anything outside.......more puttering about the studio.

Greetings to all, lovely photos on Saturday Sharon, Mike hope your foot is doing better today............I'm tellin ya, this "nurse" role is exhausting, but it's worse for Lisa. She doesn't do incapacitation well.......Hugs and good thoughts to all.

Be good, do good....
Steve.

Last edited by Yorky : 06-03-2019 at 07:39 AM. Reason: edited out political comment
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 08:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning from sunny and chilly SW of Ontario. At only 6C, the garden is shivering. I'm excited to have a modicum of internet today. I'm that it'll hold until I can get my missive posted. I'll be calling our Provider this morning to have the work done to relocate our Receiver where there is a much improved line of sight to the tower.

The last of the annual flowers and the potatoes got planted yesterday. That part of our yard work is done. I never did get down to the Studio.

Finally. I must do a little weed whacking today, but nothing else needs doing outside. The windows... yes. But, I'll call the Cleaners today and have that taken care of by the end of the week. With all our coming and going, the entry rug needs to be vacuumed... mere minutes.

Ted has an ultrasound scheduled of his abdomen this morning. Then he has to have blood drawn. This will tire him and I'll get him home and tucked back into bed for a few hours. He isn't up yet, but his night was fitful, so I'm not surprised at all that he's still sleeping.

McKenzie is sick as a dog. Apparently, there's a nasty flu bug making the rounds at work and people are sharing it with all their coworkers. The Kids were intending to come out yesterday, but they kept their germs at home.

Lynn, I was finally able to see your family photos and they're wonderful. Baby is adorable, of course. And your new "do" looks really nice on you!! Your family is handsome... lots of good genes there.

Awh, ((Kay)).

Doug, I haven't been able to peek into our Studio to see what you chose for this month's Challenge. I'll keep trying.

Geoff, it's really nice that you can Facetime with Claire.

Oh, Mike... it never rains but it pours. Keep that foot up and protect the cut till it has a chance to heal.

Cheez, Annie... I cringed while reading your condition with that finger!!!

That was a nice walk, JJ. Lamb shanks really do tenderize beautifully in the pressure cooker. Enjoy.

Bill, some things never change. It's also a shame that the media just won't leave it alone, continuously picking at this stuff as if it were something new.

Sylvia, I love the little Downy's that visit our feeder station. They're fun to paint, also!

Steve, I hear ya on being the Nurse... good luck with ((Lisa's)) Dr. appointment.

Ellen, I hope your very long drive home is uneventful.

I've been having trouble, already, with connectivity. I'll get this posted before I'm kicked offline yet again. Have the very best possible day, Painter People!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 08:25 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

It's sunny but FREEZING with a freezing north wind, a high of only 14C

Seeing my cataract surgeon today to see how things are coming along. I am seeing just fine so I am sure all is well.

More vinegar work, you'll be hearing that for the next few months.

Lynn, CONGRATULATIONS to your successful art showing, it looks beautiful on the gallery wall and that is one really lovely family photograph

As artists you absolutely MUST see this artist's work. Even my non artist friends think it is totally amazing See HERE

((((((Annie))))))

((((((Mike)))))))

(((((((Lisa and Steve)))))))) I hope the surgeon is well satisfied with the progress.

Sylvia, following up on Doug's question, what did the artists think of the whole "wrap" look. I personally prefer my watercolours under glass.

JJ, really glad you are doing well and walking again. Did you ever tell us why you stopped?? I think it had something to do with your cruise.

Geoff, for doctor's visit.

to you Bill and Doug!!

Uschi

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2019, 08:36 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Happy Birthday, Sharon!

Uschi, with my sad internet, the video wouldn't play. Good luck with your appointment. I'm sure he'll schedule your next surgery.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies