WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: QDC- Quick-Dry-Cafe .... June (already!)

There is such a struggle between doing 6 loads of laundry or painting.

One can always paint in the nude- which is why I don't do PA.
Life is far too short to do laundry!

(Not in acrylics (soft pastels) but he has the same look I do when faced with laundry!)

Sheila

Dogs and cats rule equally I swear!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

I have the same feelings re: laundry. And dishes. And dusting. And vacuuming.

Luckily my ladyfriend will help me out or just plain take over the chores when she's over. Except for the rat cage. Loves the rats, but she has a pup cage to clean at her own place.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 05:21 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Sheila! Dog's expression is brilliant!

Ken, I'm in awe of your stamina!

Much drier today, though windy but a friend and I spent a lovely day in the grounds of an old stately home about 25 miles away ... rhododendrons were magnificent .... I was shattered but the walk was good exercise. I do miss my husband at such visits though, we always enjoyed visiting gardens like that.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 07:55 PM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Mum
Patti, you must be up with the lark to do all that before 9.30!!
Well.... we are both retired, have been for a very long time and we still get up at 5am. Crazy huh? Sometimes we end up waiting for daylight to do things outside, but we do take Buttons for her long walk right after we get up. It is much cooler then.

Today was cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy again... never did rain. Sure looked like it was going to rain.

Sheila, that pup is so cute and well done.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiLou

Sheila, that pup is so cute and well done.

Thank you, Patti. For awhile I had the ability to do soft pastels but then I found the dust too irritating and I put them away. Terri Ludwig had sent me some of his very first homemade pastels and I still have and cherish them. On the advice of another acrylic's member I've been using the soft pastels in some under drawings.

I'm just about falling asleep at 5am! I TRY to go to bed no later than midnight but sometimes I'm just too involved in something! If I didn't have any responsibilities I'd change my entire sleep schedule to sleeping during the day. But I have my own dog and a few others I work with. I feel so much more creative at night. It was much better when I lived in a big house and no one knew what I was doing. Here in a big city I feel that I have to "conform". Yuck!

Sheila

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:00 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

You put the clothes in the washer, and then paint. And then try not to forget there are clothes in the washer.

I don't mind doing the dishes but the rest gets put off a lot lol.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderFrost
You put the clothes in the washer, and then paint. And then try not to forget there are clothes in the washer.

The first part, yes. The second part is where I always fall down.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderFrost

I don't mind doing the dishes but the rest gets put off a lot lol.

Unfortunately I need to take the clothes to the laundromat. It's easier because I can do 5 loads at once but more difficult because others may be waiting for a machine and will opt to throw your clothing on the floor unless you're there to watch. 30 minutes to wash, an hour to dry. The difficult part is getting the clothes there and back, even with a cart.

I'm in an ongoing struggle with the property management company I've had for 8+ years. My next apartment will be bigger and have a washer and dryer in the unit!

Sheila

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

So, I didn't do my laundry yesterday I will HAVE to do it today.

I have about 5 loads, not really that many but separating colors and fabrics. As long as I leave the apartment with a basket full of dirty clothes the dog doesn't want to come- told you he was smart! But it also allows me to sneak off a bit while clothes are in the machines, and I can seek things for reference photos. Or, I can sneak off for ice cream!

Sheila

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Paint the ice cream: two birds with one stone!
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2019, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykirobme
Paint the ice cream: two birds with one stone!

I was pretty sure WetCanvas had followed me!
I went into Igloo. There was only me as I helped myself to frozen yogurt and some strawberries and then suddenly, it was as if all the schools in Philadelphia had let out at once! There were little kids everywhere! The age kids who just stick their hands into everything especially after digging up their noses and one held his crotch as he shook his head "No. I don't have to go peepee."

I paid $5.13 for the cold sweet, dumped it into the garbage and left. (It's "self serve" and there are all kinds of toppings together on a kind of bar. There is no way I could know if other kids had just added cookie crumbs to the strawberries. The effect of me eating anything with wheat, rye, or barley would leave me miserable for weeks.)

However, the laundry is DONE (except for folding) and the dog and the cats all have new toys. Did I mention the laundry is done?

Sheila

#57   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 06:58 AM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

I have no problem forgetting to take clothes out of the dryer, I do it all the time. Our dryer does not make a sound when it finishes, it didn't come with one and DH was happy because he hates the sound. Neither one of us like to go to the laundromat, you never know what condition the machines are in. Clothes could come out worse than when they went in. YUK!
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 10:18 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Having to go to a laundromat would suck. I would probably make that reading time as compensation. lol I did live in apartments a couple of times and experienced shared laundry rooms. Tried to time it but sometimes would come there to find someone took my clothes out of the washer. Ew, a stranger touched my clothes lol.

At least your laundry is done Sheila.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

When I lived in Albany, the complex where I lived had washers and dryers on-site. It was a little more convenient than having to drive downtown to do loads, but just a little.

I remember one or two of the dryers in the building where we lived wouldn't work properly, i.e. they just didn't heat up so they wouldn't dry your clothes, but of course they took your money. The thing was, which dryers weren't working seemed to change randomly every night. What a pain!

For the first few months my ex and I were in Waterford, we didn't have a washer/dryer set so we used a laundromat down the road. I used the time to read or write. These days I'd probably try to sketch people, but I wasn't really doing art at the time.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

The "Washing Well" is only about a block from me but it's one of the few laundromats in the city! We do have a machine, one, to use for 3 buildings with 5 apartments in each building. It gets NASTY and people leave clothes in there for days!

The Washing Well is totally automated. It can be opened only with a crd bought for that purpose. Money is added to the card by way of credit or debit card. There are 12 washers and 12 dryers and someone comes in to clean daily. When students are out for summer it's actually a well oiled machine taking 35 minutes to wash and 60 minutes to dry. Because I live so close I come home and do whatever. Sometimes a machine may not work but a quick email to the company will get your money refunded and the machine repaired. The worst part of the ordeal is getting 5 loads of laundry to the laundromat and back again. I just use a cart like my grandmother did.

However, due to issues with the apartment management company I am not strongly considering moving. They have decided that repairs to my apartment since the leak in January would be too difficult and therefore they will wait until the apartment is empty. Yeah, I will probably need an attorney. But I keep thinking about having room..... more than 200 sq ft. Maybe a closet or a door where I can sleep closed off from external noises.

Dreaming....