WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member
Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: QDC- Quick-Dry-Cafe .... June (already!)

Michelle,
Please thank your husband for me for doing such a selfless job keeping our homes safe and risking his life for our fellow humans.

Sheila

Dogs and cats rule equally I swear!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2019, 02:28 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

lol Michelle, you alwAys come away with something!😁👌

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

We do seem to get lucky a lot, which is weird because I used to never win anything. And I only threw in a couple of tickets for the drink dispenser for the heck of it. Most of my tickets went in for the patio chairs and a big outdoor storage box.

Sadly, the local restaurant burned down yesterday, now we don't have any. And the owners had just finished renovating the kitchen after it was badly damaged by a water leak. The guys were at it all day, one collapsed and went to the hospital. Hubby didn't come home until after 9 pm, then had to go back again because the fire was flaring up again, not sure what time he came back, then up again at 4am to check it, back home, up again 6:30 and still out.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Oh, no, what a terrible thing. Hopefully the restaurant can rebuild again. Best thoughts for your husband, too.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 AM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Nice stash Michelle. My son-in-law is the lucky one, always winning little things, not the lotto! Sorry about the restaurant burning down.

We finally had a nice rain yesterday. Maybe my grass will turn green again instead of looking like straw!

We are waiting for a guy to come check our roof. I was sitting at my husbands computer and it is so darned slow that I twiddled my thumbs while looking at the ceiling. Good thing though because I spotted a leak. Who knows how long it has been there, I saw it before this last rain and it has been really dry. Could have been from the last hurricane and just not seeing it. DH got up on the ladder (which I told him not to do, but he doesn't listen) anyway, he said everything looked OK to him. I know something is wrong though, so the roofer is coming to check.

Obviously I need Carol's weight loss program... but that is not the car I would pick!!!
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Michelle - awful news about the restaurant - hope all the fire-fighters are OK and the person who collapsed.. good thoughts coming across!

Patti - I looked up at the bedroom ceiling one morning and found the same - - it was a leak from the water header-tank - the tank-water-leveller (whatever it's name is) had corroded and the overflow pipe was leaking at a joint ....... I really must get those brown marks sealed and painted over!

It's been really cold today - I can't get my hands warm - eventually had to put the heating on and I resent having to do that in June! We have a weather warning out for torrential rain too - already had a lot of that at the weekend!

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Maureen, cold??? We are roasting! It has been in the 90's except when it rained... it cooled down to 88.

Well the good news on the roof is... it is in good shape. The problem comes from a few nails that were set to low and then leaves settled on that corner and water eventually filled the little dimples and corroded the nails. They will fix it on a sunny day and we are good to go.

I have a meeting at 9:30, have to go so I can take a break. So far this morning I took a walk, fixed breakfast, changed the bed, started the laundry, gave Jon a haircut, gave Buttons a bath and finally I got to take a shower. Now it is my turn for a break... Buttons is snoozing on the sofa and Jon is almost asleep in his chair while "watching" the news. He won't remember a thing that was on.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-12-2019, 10:29 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Good to hear the leak is not too serious Patti. And I don't know how you got so much done so early in the morning. lol

It's sunny out here today. We always have a cool wind but that will be good for working outside. I still haven't done much out there but at least when it was dry there weren't many weeds. Now they are coming up more.

No idea what the restaurant owners will do but for now the old guys in town will have to find a different place for their coffee and gossip lol. There is a gas station and the two grocery stores do a bit of a lunch.

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 10:19 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

In case you were wondering, the guy who collapsed is doing fine and has been back at work. He works for the village doing maintenance stuff, and he's my son's bus driver. Busy guy.

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2019, 06:04 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Good to here he is doing OK Michelle. Too many people getting hurt lately.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2019, 06:14 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

That's good to hear Michelle.

Patti, you must be up with the lark to do all that before 9.30!!

I normally walk up to the shop for my morning paper at around 7.45 .... often I'm not home again until an hour later... the shop is about 100 yards away😃😃 .... talk in the shop, talk to neighbours, I'm definitely in need of breakfast by then!

Last few days have been dreadful ... rain, rain, rain .... some parts have had 2month's worth in 2days. Yesterday I did shopping down in the valley and drove up home in a river, so much water cascading down the road! Brighter today and a least now the forecaste is showers rather than continuous rain .... oh for some of Patti's heat!
Have a nice weekend!

**My SAA website**
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2019, 11:01 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Wow, that's a lot of rain. Still pretty dry here though it was sprinkling this morning.

#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

Today was beautiful. I hiked up Twin and Sugarloaf Mountains in the Catskills, near Saugerties, NY. Twelve miles and some intense climbing (and descending!)...in addition to scaling the usual boulders and stuff, I had to get up a 20 foot cliff (and get back down later), squeeze through a bunch of tight passages, and double back in a few places where I lost the trail. 12 miles and 2750 ft of climbing. This one took way longer - nine hours and change! - than a hike of this distance usually takes me owing to the difficulty. Add that to three hours total of driving and I’m spent.

I didn’t have time to do one of my Plein air sketches today (same thing last week, I had to be home earlier than usual), but I did meet a man at the second peak of Twin who was painting in oil. I showed him my “mini pochade” setup and the sketches I’ve done this year and he liked them. Very heartening as I have been very down lately.

Ah, well, need to get some studio painting in before I exercise my little rodent babies.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 10:10 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

Wow Ken, you must be in good shape to do all that.

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-17-2019, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast
Waterford, NY

Hails from United States

I started hiking as a hobby last year after over ten years of wanting to do it (I wanted to do it with friends, but they always had other things to do when the time came...). Lots of time to make up for, haha.

Just love walking, and love the woods, so this is a no-brainer activity for me. I'm not in particularly good shape, but the more you do it, the less you ache the day after. :-)