WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:39 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada
Re: ****Daily Wash Thursday May 30 2019****

everyone,
I just have a minute. It’s 6:30 and we want to leave in about 15 minutes. We should get to Toronto around 3:00 or 4:00 (depending on breaks), check in to the hotel, then meet the gang for supper.

Brian went to see the family doctor yesterday who said he might not have Ménière’s disease. The CT showed his sinuses are completely full so right now he is over a steaming bowl of water for 10 minutes then he has to use a nasal spray. I hope that’s all it is and this helps.

Gotta run. We should have WIFI in the hotel so I’ll check in this evening.

Happy birthday Kay!

www.ellenspalette.com
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:54 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

What is the name of your hotel Ellen? Would be funny if it is the same as the one my sister is in!
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 07:03 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Happy Birthday Kay.

Sun out now.

geoff
  #19   Report Bad Post  
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Happy Birthday Kay!

Ellen, hope it's just his sinuses.
Bill

Last edited by Scene Chaser : 05-30-2019 at 07:05 AM.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

It’s the Residence Inn in Markham on the outskirts of Toronto. I doubt she is there but it would be great if she was.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:00 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

A bright dull Was very misty earlier on, a high of 22C

It's Thursday = Cake and Scrabble day

Not much else going on, I am washing my downstairs walls with vinegar water, one section at the time, and the ceiling fan, and the lights and.... I'll be at it all summer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAY!!!! Wishing you many, many more happy and healthy returns.

Lulu!!

Sylvia, very promising news for Larry, he must be a happy camper

Doug, I hope Ruth's surgery won't have to be delayed.

to all here and all yet to come and wishing us all a really good day!!

Uschi

#22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:31 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAY

Me too Bill..

Sylvia, I am glad Larrys procedure went well. Do you see my photos in yesterdays wash? can you help?

Good night all..
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:00 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning! You know what? It's not raining. But, it's going to, very shortly.

After my Class left for home yesterday, I worked in the Studio a little longer. I'm painting a macro rose for myself. I plan to do two of them to hang in my newly painted powder room. I'll head down there again today after all my chores are out of the way.

I have a few squash bedding plants to get in the ground. And, finally, we'll get the flowers planted into our deck containers. It'll be nice to get some fresh colour up there.

Several days ago, Ted called a contractor to power wash our metal roofs. They've not returned the call. Now, I won't deal with them. I may be cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I feel they're not interested in performing work on a small scale. So, I have to see if I can find someone else to do the work.

Happy Birthday, Kay!!!

Lulu!

Hiya Geoff! Lots of rain here, too.

What a shame that John's father fell and hurt himself, Nancy. Thank goodness you were not in the path of that severe weather.

Doug, I hope the Dr. can find why Ruth's heart is racing. It's a shame she cannot get her cataract surgery scheduled.

Hiya JJ, QS and Annie!

for Larry's injection, Sylvia. I hope this course of treatment continues to help improve his knee's function.

that Brian's condition is not Ménière’s disease. But full or impacted sinuses is no treat, either. Looking forward to next posts about Ash's wedding along with photos.

Uschi, attacking this job a little at a time is the way to go. You cannot eat the elephant in one meal... but small bites will satisfy.

Hiya Bill and all yet to come. I wish the very best day possible!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 AM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Happy Thursday,

It's yet another gloomy, rainy day here. We are SO SICK of the dreary, wet and cold Spring and are thinking that our summer won't be much different. I am right too because I just read an article yesterday that said during a winter when there is more than 80% ice coverage on the Great Lakes Michigan can expect cooler, wetter summers. It's been proven with tracking and last winter we had more than 80% ice coverage so we are expecting a cooler summer. They said it's unusual that we have many days above 80F. After that horrible winter we were really hoping for some warm, sunny weather. It's just depressing. Both our northern hometown and Jen's town are getting more sunny weather than us.

Larry had to go in for 3am this morning and works until 3pm. He already worked one 12 hour day this week besides his 8 hour days. It's his weekend to work too but he's planning on going with Justin to a race if it doesn't get cancelled. Since they are dirt tracks all the rain makes for a too muddy surface to race.

I'm tired today, didn't sleep all that well last night. Lately I've been dreaming and don't know why. Strange dreams too.

Sylvia, that is a LOT of tornado's! No wonder there was so much damage. I hope Larry's injection helps his knee. Larry is hoping that this is all that his knee will need too. He finally made a doctor appointment for a consultation. He will have to have an MRI first.

I don't really know if we will be able to get in the garden this weekend either. Perhaps Sunday; we will see. My perennials are full of weeds and I need to assess the situation; whether I need to replace anything or not. The ground is so saturated it's hard to do anything. We may get our veggie garden planted at some point.

I hope Brian does well Ellen; for your trip. Safe travels! Have fun!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAY!!!

Nancy, I never, ever smoked either and I'm glad because I already have asthma!

Waving to you all and wishing all who are under the weather better days ahead.

Enjoy your day!

Darla
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

JJ, Sorry, I don't recognize the little statue or the maker. It didn't look like any that I saw when we were in Italy.

Darla, Our weatherman this morning said that historically Ohio gets 19 tornadoes per YEAR and we had 13 in one night! That is how extraordinary this outbreak was. The people are really pulling together so well helping to get supplies out and finding places for people to stay, unfortunately, there are always bad apples in the bunch. One poor lady returned to her damaged home yesterday to find three people inside helping themselves to her belongings. The sheriff answered her call and captured them.

Char, Love the idea of you painting roses for your own house.

Uschi, have fun playing scrabble and eating cake.

to all again,

SYL,

Sylvia
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:24 AM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Big day ahead. Finish putting the laundry away, shower and off to PT. So exciting. Insurance only approved six sessions after the first twelve, so this is the penultimate session. My physical therapist said I could just come by and use the bike for twenty minutes. I may take her up on that because the weather has been too cool to warm up the pools I would have to use.

Uschi, no, I never thought of tornadoes in this part of the country. I kept thinking what if a tornado actually did touch down in NYC? Good on you for trying to quit smoking.

Ellen I'm sure you're on your way now, but hoping it's a safe trip.

Annie you are too funny. I try not to kiss my cats in the dark. Not that they don't try to get me to. I have woken up with some scratches on my forehead where they tried to persuade me. Unfortunately for them I sleep like a log.

I must insert here -- Last night I watched this sensational episode on PBS's "Nature" on Botswana's elephants. This married couple who live there got so close to them it was as if we were part of the herd. But that wasn't the astonishing part for me. As soon as Augie (my female cat) heard their calls she was watching the TV. She was absolutely rapt! I didn't know whether to watch her or the program. It was fascinating. She only got bored when the people started talking. But as soon as the elephants spoke again she was watching. As soon as the program was over she jumped down from the ottoman where she was watching, went and had a snack, came to me for pets then played with her catnip mouse. Intellectual cats.

Darla maybe your doctor could prescribe one of those SAD lights for you.

Sylvia for Larry's knee.

Doug I hope Ruth's surgery doesn't get delayed. Hope there's nothing serious.

Nancy so sorry about John's father.

Char the rose paintings will look wonderful in your new powder room.

Lulu and Geoff duke it out for the blue ears!

QS I love Kandinsky's work. Then someone told me he was a terrible anti-Semite, and being Jewish, I don't know how to feel about him.

Lynn your work is gorgeous.

Hi Bill.

I hope Les is okay. Keep thinking about him and Sylvia.

Well must get something done here.

Later,
Kay
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:28 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Just a quickie because I have been washing walls and need to shower, have lunch before I go to scrabble BUT

Char reminded me, about painting roses for herself.

We see our paintings on the walls and often no longer pay much attention to them. Since i an washing walls I am taking down my paintings and standing them against the sofa and seeing them all over again and I have to say, I still every one of them. Yes, I love my paintings!!

Uschi

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:35 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Work out of doors isn't going to happen. It's raining. The door to the Powder Room could use a fresh coat of paint, but it's sure not a good drying day. I think I'll put that off too. The Studio beckons.

I've made a few of the phone calls that I needed to do. It's a job I don't like because businesses rarely have receptionists these days and I always have to leave a message. Then, of course, I'll have to wait until someone returns my call. Nothing in life is easy.

Our internet has been up and down for several days. Of course, the trees are fully leafed out and I'm sure that "line of sight" is the issue. The Techs will be out this afternoon to look at our situation.

((Darla)) it seems as though you're burning out. It's time for you to take a few days just for yourself.

Sylvia, the severe weather has been nothing short of shocking. And it's horrible to think that looters are out just helping themselves make a bad situation even worse.

Kay, I'm convinced that our animals are clearly more intellectual than we credit them.

Uschi, I always tell my Students that they must hang their work and love what they do. You've never stopped being my inspiration.

Okey dokey... my nosiness has been satisfied for now. Thinking of Steve's ((Lisa) and Anita's sadness. I'm going down, down, down to the Studio.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

Hi all -

Busy time here. I woke up to a work email queue with something like 7 meeting notices for the rest of this week and next - a person is leaving and I'm inheriting part of her TWO YEAR saga and she thinks in 5 1-hour meetings she can transfer all that info (that either says something about how the project has wallowed (the rumor) or someone's over-estimation of my ability to absorb info).

We had a bit of sun late yesterday afternoon. We're getting thick marine layers right now which is ok with me. Personally, I would kill for one of those summers Darla is dreading - I'm sick of the wildfire smoke and suffocating heat we've had the last few years!

Happy birthday Kay! My cats have favorite shows on tv too :-) Someone one will just stop in their tracks and settle down and watch - almost always nature shows with animals. :-) Have you ever queued up a video on one of your electronics made specifically for cats? On YouTube, search for Paul Dinning - he makes videos just for cats - filmed usually in woodsy areas with lots of birds, squirrels, etc. My cats all line up around the iPad to watch :-)
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Good morning. Sun is shining, and it will hot and humid from the rain. Today, I have to run back to the eye doctor to get a new RX. I am taking my current readers with me and we will start from there.

Happy Birthday Kay!!!!!!

Sylvia, Glad that Larry’s shot did not cause him any pain afterwards. Mine never did, but they sure hurt while the injection was taking place. Back in the late 70’s the Wichita Falls tornado was actually five in one. It leveled the West Texas town. Thirteen tornadoes explains the firefighter’s confusion in the aftermath since they were trying to follow the path of 13 different tornadoes instead of one.

Char, At 96, John’s father is doing as good as can be expected. He is starting to lose his mobility.

Ellen, Have a wonderful time this weekend celebrating the wedding!

Need to go get ready for my trip across town.