WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States
** Daily Wash Wednesday 29th May 2019**

I'm fine. We had quite the storm. Lots of thunder and lightning. Tornado warnings, but nothing touched down here. Apparently there have been downed trees and hail in other NJ counties.

Kay
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 01:23 AM
WC! Guide
Llangarron Herefordshire UK

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: ** Daily Wash Wednesday 29th May 2019**

Good morning Kay. Thatís good to hear.

Mike
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Good morning all, glad to hear everyone is safe after the storms.

Clouded over after a fine start.

I have to take Ruth to a local hospital for her pre-op for her cataract operation in two weeks time at noon. We will have to take a roundabout route because of tremendous traffic jams due to roadworks. These days the smallest road excavation involves setting up traffic lights and causing horrendous traffic backups. Health and Safety? Think about the lost time and pollution being caused.

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 02:48 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Doug,Northallerton was gridlocked yesterday as water board started work alongside a rail crossing,Eileen was stuck in town in rain and the village bus couldn't get through....damp and £10 taxi eventually.

Nice morning here,after mist...probably garden.

Geoff
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 03:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Good evening all.

Kay, glad you are safe. Hug and kiss a cat in the night but make sure its their front end. Cant tell by nose. Am not relating the story.

I do love my cats. Repeat.

Roger hone today and after I complimented him on his "trendiness", he had a knee rip in old glue and god knows what encrusted jeans, he demanded we went shopping.

Since the frigid south westerly wind had howled all night and morning and it was cold and I have no socially acceptable warm clothes, I said ... yeah ...

He was going to drive but since it was cold and the tonneau hood of the ute wouldnt catch cos it was cold and contracted too,
after much warming language, I suggested I drive in my car.

We normally go to Crookside shopping centre (Brookside) but decided to try Staphpine (Strathpine). slightly longer trip but when everything is slightly too far away, what the hell?

He got his jeans and shirts. I got a jumper and lovely pink lumberjack shirt.

Also got some new makeup. Got a vicious permanent eyeliner. Until you wash it off. Should be interesting as I need glasses to see...

My Flickr Site
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 03:51 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hi Annie, I love the names you give your stores We had an ironmongers Robber (Robert) Rowe's where I used to buy my catapult elastic (That's a sore point - literally).

Lumberjacking will keep you warm

Doug
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 05:19 AM

Morning all. Doug, I laughed out loud at the catapult elastic being a sore point.

I'm amazed by the variety of weather stories I read on hear because we're such an international group.

Annie, since he retired my OH has become sartorially challenged so I was pleased he bought some new trousers when we went shopping on Monday.

Sharon I loved your pictures, and the blue bench looks very smart with its flamingo cushions.

Uschi, I know people who have taken to smoking outside because they hate the smell indoors. Think of the money you'll save! When I was a teenager the girls' magazines used to feature adverts to encourage girls to give up smoking. They showed you the things you could buy with the money saved. I didn't smoke and was disappointed that I couldn't therefore save enough for a Dansette record player.

Lulu, how frustrating to lose power just then.

Darla, hope you can take some time out for just the two of you.

Lynn, did you manage to have lunch with your son?

Quiz tonight so I'll have to record a series I'm watching about Liverpool during the Blitz.

Take care out there on the hill.

QS
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 05:43 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

I was asked at Doctors the other day if I smoked, No, I gave up just before Claire was born as couldn't afford a baby or golf and cigarettes...even if I had reduced from the 110 a day to 60!

Weather here now cloudy and the odd spit of rain, cold and despite June being around the corner hav put the oil boiler on...

geoff
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 06:09 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is 6:00 a.m. here in Oakwood and the sky is a lovely shade of blue as dawn breaks. Birds are silent at this time.

Larry and I are going to the Base Hospital after lunch for his appointment to have a PRP Injection in his knee. Hopefully all will go well and we'll be home where he can rest on his recliner chair.

We're going grocery shopping this morning so we can pick up a few things and won't have to worry about it right aways.

The Dayton area is still reeling after the tornadoes struck.I just saw our local news and the weather service has found that 5! tornadoes touched down all around our area yesterday. No wonder the damage is so wide-spread.

Geoff, I quit smoking when our eldest daughter was born. It was a good incentive and I never really smoked much anyway.

to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Last edited by painterbear : 05-29-2019 at 06:58 AM.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 06:23 AM

Geoff, that brought back a memory. My Dad gave up smoking when I was born as he said he couldn't afford both.

Hope Larry's injection helps, Sylvia.

QS
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 06:37 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

As Geoff would say, a rubbish night, may get a nap later. Too wired up after picture hanging I guess.

All went well so far, looks good, all labelled. Some finishing touches today and then we are ready for Friday. The west wall of the Gallery, one quarter of the show

Yes QS, I did get lunch with my son, that was lovely! He had to help us hang the big triptych. And saw my daughter too.

Annie, you do have a way with words Thanks for the chuckles.

That is quite a lifestyle change Uschi, well done you!

Lovely mitts, Char. I have been to that site, lots of info there, but all the ads are a nuisance. I guess they have to pay for it some way.

Hi Sylvia, Geoff, Doug, Mike, Kay and all to come!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 05-29-2019 at 07:23 AM.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 06:44 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
Itís partly sunny with showers expected.

Today is our big prep day for the trip. I have a big list that needs doing and Brian has decided that he needs to get the tires checked on the truck (he procrastinated from getting them done last week) and he has a doctors appointment at 3:00. Our day is going to be very full. Iím all packed but Brian hasnít started. At least I know his suit fits because I made him try it on last week.

No time for long chats right now. Iíll check in later.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 07:43 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Good evening from the land that the govt is hoping to be smoke-free by 2025.... I thing pigs might fly first...
My parents smoked like chimneys, their 4 daughters never ever did. Hated it.

The only thing I disliked about Italy too, the filthy butts everywhere on the ground.

I remember the funny story I heard about our Kev and our Pat travelling together to Canada. They must have been in a car somewhere because Kev complained about Pat's smoke and Pat reminded him that she was in the smoking seat and he in the non smoking one... Kev might correct some of that but it's near enough lol

Pat is someone I miss here I do see her on fb though.

Good on you Uschi! I did laugh at you thinking we didnt have storms here

Italian class tonight.
We have fun games and challenges. Love it.

Had a real estate agent here today too for yet another appraisal. One day soon my perfectionist OH will run out of 'things he has to do'!!

My sister is now in Toronto and will be commencing her touring on Sunday I think.

Sleep is calling.

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:05 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

HELLO EVERYONE

JUST CHECKING IN: I have to say that seeing all the damage & how widespread it is & worrying about friends I had in harms way yesterday was exhausting. And I was not dealing with the aftermath like so many.

My heart was just done by the end of the day. One area of N. Dayton I was very familai with & I worked in Harrison Twp. I was just there a week ago seeing an apartment of a friend who had moved into a Senior only independant living one. It was just at the foot of the hill from where I worked. The have no electric, water, trees down everywhere. It just was not safe to try to get to areas if you did not have to be there.

By evening I had seen on FB many friends posting they were OK but lost their homes. It will take years to rebuild & clean up.

There will be much work to be done to help out & there is also loss of employment in the area as many business hit also.

More rain & storms due today & Thursday in the area.

Everybody take care

Anita
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:13 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!

A light dull, not raining a high of 19C expected.

Plans for today - stuff. Eye is perfect

Kay, you were looking for more excitement in weather when you came east, did you ever anticipate tornados????? So glad all is well.

Sylvia, for Larry's shot.

Ellen, wishing you a good trip and a fabulous wedding for you son Ash!!

Geoff = WHEW, that's a lot.

Annie, pink lumberjacket!!!! You and Ruby will make one heck of a beautiful pair.

QS, glad you never got yourself into the position to save that money

Lynn, BEAUTIFUL photos and the wall looks soooo elegant.

Lulu, YUP. that was Pat They were such a fun couple to be with.

Steve, for Lisa.

to you Mike and Doug!!

Uschi