Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes May 2019 Landscape Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Welcome!
    Sorry this is a few days late.

This is an activity thread for artists of all experience levels, and that work in any medium, including digital. Since this is a group activity, we can pool our knowledge and resources, and grow as artists in a fun, no-pressure atmosphere. No critiques unless specifically asked for. The intent is to have fun, try new things, and experiment.*

Choose an image (as many as you like) , and paint, draw, sculpt, sew, whatever medium you want. Feel free to crop, flip, add things, leave things out, and generally have fun using your own “artistic license”.
    Then scan or photograph the result and post it in this thread. Tell us the size and medium plus anything else you’d like to share.
    These are all from our Reference Image Library

Desert Phoenix Palms by KatV

fishing boat by Geoff

foggy morn by lorna12

giverny by llis

glenbeigh bridge by scizzy

Hinterschmiding by ColorEnthusiast

locomotive by Anthony Carter

ShawMills by Yorky

windowshopping by lisilk

I hope you find something to inspire! You have all month, and more.
    Happy art-making!

Wendy C&C always welcome
    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Mayfly

Good ones. A few are extra challenging. Thanks!

Carl

Some wonderful images Wendy, I might try a few?

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

CaliAnn

Beautiful images – thanks for hosting

dewarp

Interesting collection Wendy. Thanks for hosting this month.

regards – Peter

Bizzibee

Super images. I am very drawn (or should I say painted) to the first and monet’s garden: who can resist a bit of impressionism! Thanks for hosting.

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

McHull

My very 1st landscape challenge and it looks like I get to start things off.
                        9 x 12 oil on panel
                        C&C always welcome.
                        Thanks
                        Matt

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
                        Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. -Pablo Picasso

CaliAnn

Matt, that is gorgeous! What a great way to start us off, I love your take of the image – beautiful!

Bizzibee

Agreed, a great start! I love the water and the flashes of brightness in the foliage. The bridge is pretty cool too!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

McHull

Thanks CaliAnn and Bizzibee!

I’m not completely happy with it, I’m going to give it some fine tuning.
                                    (and hopefully not screw it up!!)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
                                    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. -Pablo Picasso

dewarp

Nice job on the bridge Matt. Looking forward to the “some fine tuning” version.

regards – Peter

McHull

The “fine” tuned version. (sorry, not the best photo with the light glare. I’ll upload a better one later today)
                                            I soften the top of the bridge, widen the shadowed center arch and got rid of the distracting tan stuff on the right.

Thoughts?
                                            Thanks
                                            Matt

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

CaliAnn

Your changes are awesome! I thought it was great before, but I agree, the removal of the tan “stuff” is an improvement, although I didn’t mind it – I thought of it as a muddy river bank seeping into the water! :)

McHull

Thanks CaliAnn!
                                                    Updated photo, minus the glare. (Sorry)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

Welcome, Matt! Do stick around!
                                                    This looks great. Photographing one’s art can be very frustrating.

Wendy C&C always welcome
                                                    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.