WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2018, 03:55 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Re: Goalpost - January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsloan2
It's very colorful but I don't have a photo yet of me wearing it.
A photo of it on a hanger would suffice .

Quote:
I invented an exercise for it that worked so well that I'll be adding it to the handout and redoing it for the new class.
Is it the same as they give the typists after 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' sort of thing where it contains all the letters of the alphabet?
Quote:
Today drew a cat for the Pen & Ink Challenge when I found out it didn't have a reveal date. Reveal dates are starting to come up though, so I might get to the floral and botanical one this week.
Good on you. Do one for us whilst your at it as it seems no one else is about .
jim
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2018, 05:44 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

LOL Jim, no, not the typing exercise. This one is for holding the pen at a consistent angle - draw train tracks or bricks, to get used to the chisel tip pen staying at a consistent angle. I just did it to demonstrate and looked at it and thought, yeah, that fits on the handout. Students tried it and it helped them.

I did Animals and Wildlife Challenge yesterday with a lorikeet in aquarell pencil and a big cat that's a jaguar, annoyed at being called an annoyed leopard in my title. Today I went back to the Fur, Feathers & Scales challenge again and did the rhino in aquarell pencil sketch and wash, which came out well and came out exactly the way I wanted him to - bold, with some lines showing and smooth tonal washes where I didn't. Getting better with the sketch and wash stuff.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2018, 02:31 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Stayed awake this morning! I've actually done my Art Supply Review post plus two artworks - both of them for the WDE that's ending tomorrow. I hadn't gotten to it at all due to how much else was going on but did want to, so today was the day to catch up on it and do the wild rose. Tomorrow I think is the reveal for Floral & Botanical challenge and I'd wanted to do that one too.

Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-26-2018, 03:52 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Yesterday did a page of sketches and a pen-wash sunflower for the Plant Parade. Today got the new WDE done with a pen preliminary sketch of the cougar followed by a good 6" x 8" pastel pencil version of the cougar. She's posted in Pastel Studio, sketches are in my Art Journals thread down in Art Journals. (2018 Sketches). I've been keeping up pretty well overall. Don't know if I'll have art tomorrow but may get in a class on medieval art, got another event.

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2018, 03:32 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Coo it's the 26th already! EDIT No it isn't! It's the 27th!

You have done well Robert and have kept up the posting as well. I have been reading but I have been otherwise occupied with domestics. Today for instance I am out until 09:30 then preparing lunch for my son, his wife and three grand sons.

I was reminded about acrylics when this months magazine came as it expounded 'how to's' inside. It reminded me of all it's virtues and how it suits my circumstances. Perhaps I'll get started next month- it will have to fit in with the model train scenery though . It is nearly 07:30 so I'd better get a cuppa.
Jim

Last edited by Mij : 01-27-2018 at 03:35 AM.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2018, 07:17 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

Well, I didn't maintain the one-a -day pastel work, but I did finish the Trinity Paintbox Course, which was one exercise per day. Very interesting...lots of scribblies to help maintain looseness when doing a composition. Looking forward to starting the new course for February. (This is on Facebook, BYW)

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2018, 09:54 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Yay, congratulations on your Trinity Paintbox Course! I fell off the sketch wagon, did one pen sketch of a lady friend in Italian Renaissance gown - just her face and shoulders and chest really, but it came out well. Haven't photographed it. Then Sunday, yesterday and today, was too worn out to paint. Tomorrow need to review an art supply so not sure what I'll do. Except I'm very tempted to do a Blue Morpho butterfly in the iridescent paint set so I can finally write that up. I like them a lot but haven't done a good painting as such with them.

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2018, 05:43 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Did it, today painted a Common Morpho Butterfly in the Finetec paints and then reviewed both the paints and the black watercolor paper. It's good stuff. So the week's goal is done.

I keep having to remind myself goals are "health permitting" though.