WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2017, 04:53 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States
Re: GoalPost - December 2017

Lots of art today, four pages of pencil sketches in a new hardbound sketchbook that Kitten's client gave me for Christmas, done with its included pencil. That pencil even has a white eraser on it, wow. Posted in Art Journals, Drawing & Sketching Forum and Animals & Wildlife forum. Now to try to finish yesterday's kitty for the WDE while it's still light out... which is right now only an hour at best. Ooops! Nothing like getting sidetracked by sudden happy surprises! I didn't have the reference near me and didn't bring the painting, so couldn't even just detail from memory. Better to do that from the photo anyway since it's a portrait...

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-24-2017, 11:47 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Finished the Twisted Kitty painting in three sessions, the final one this morning was pen work with Pentel Brush Pen and white Sakura Gelly Roll pen for her whiskers and some hairs. She looks good. i love that pose. Now I want to do her again but just calligraphic, sweeping brush pen lines and no markings, just theshape of the cat and nose, eyes, mouth.

But I've got time dependent projects stacked up heavy at end of month. The sheep painting. The Spotlight painting I wanted to do of a Christmas ornament, for which I've got one on my desk. The grapes still life for which I've got grapes stashed in the fridge untouched by either of the young Grape Disposal Champions. Can't eat them till I paint them. And the memorial portrait of a little Sheltie for the dear friend who gave me Sissy. Well, she's actually Sissy's previous man's mother, but they lived together and Sissy has many of her mannerisms. Certainly Sissy learned to sing high and beautiful with great drama from her.

So that's a lot of OMG these should have been done yesterday projects. It helped to get in four pages of pencil sketching yesterday, that was good warm up and helped with this morning's details.

Then of course because I'm stacked up I get ideas all over the place and all of my other supplies look good, plus I'd like to work on another novel...

Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 03:21 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
South East

Hails from England

It is Christmas day and 08.15 in the morning. I suppose I aught to put the oven on before I go out. SWMBO will put in the meal in when she comes down.
I have done nothing on the art side and nothing on the model side either......too much else on the go.

It sounds like you are on a roll Robert and as busy as can be with all that you have accomplished. You are surrounded by models of all kinds.
It is cold dank, and wet underfoot here.
Better get the kettle on I suppose. A mince pie is on the menu I think .
Merry Christmas everyone
Jim.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 09:50 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Ooh yes! Purr! That's neat. Makes sense on the holiday you don't really wind up with art time unless making decorations - and that tends to come sooner than the day itself.

You're so right, I'm surrounded by models on all sides. Even if I stick to my cats theme, I am. Not sure I'll do the Spotlight idea that I had, we have guests coming over and today is the day. The sheep and the dog can wait, since I don't even have a photo reference for the dog yet or confirmation on the sheep. So today I'm not going to worry about it, just do what comes to me and try to get in something crafty or artish.

#35   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2017, 11:37 AM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Posted too fast - I did do a card after all, in pastels! I don't mail them anyway, just post them online... so it's up in the Spotlight! Two down, two to go...

#36   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2017, 12:09 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Posted yesterday's art today. Then did the Goat from the WDE and tested my Pentel Color Pens set... oooh those are fun. Really good brush pens. With actual hairs in the good brushes with a nice tip. Need to review those, now have the photos for it. Have been keeping up my reviews blog, which is amazing. Today's will make that an entire month of it.

#37   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Wrote the review too, which makes four Wednesdays in December complete. I've gotten back in the rhythm of blogging on Wednesday, this is excellent.

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-28-2017, 10:40 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Heh. Today's art was writing. The weather slammed me down for a long nap with my cat Sissy the Fluff Girl on my chest. When I woke up I had a good idea for an article and I've now gotten pretty far in it. This one might be salable to Cracked or another online publication.

#39   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2017, 11:13 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Today's art was an WDE painting of seventeen year old Jezebel, a working Studio Cat for KreativeK. She's a Siamese with a very strong personality. Her gaze was very commanding and it was fun. Posted in WDE thread and tomorrow will be doing the Invitational Cats.

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2017, 02:31 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
South East

Hails from England

Well done Robert. I went looking for your rendering of Jezebel but must have looked in the wrong place as I saw your reply about doing Jezebel and maybe the donkey but no drawings.

Nothing art-wise at all at this end and tomorrow is the last day of the month. Ah well like other Decembers I expect, just too much to do. Perhaps I can get going in January.
A happy new year to all.
Jim.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2017, 07:55 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Oh it's posted - it's up there in the Weekend Drawing Event starting its thread at this link. Hadn't had many comments when I saw it but it's there. Will add the three cats tomorrow or later and maybe the donkey. But three cats is next. Today I painted our outdoor cat Sekhmet from one of my own photos, because I didn't get a really good view of a horse or feel like life painting. Still keeping up!