WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM

Question Aspiring author searching for an illustrator

I am currently writing a book and have become immensly interested in seeing my characters come to life. If you would like a project to do maybe you could help me out . I am a fantasy writers so im all about minotaurs and werepeople; ive even created a few species of my own. Would anyone be interested in working with me?
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States
Re: Aspiring author searching for an illustrator

It is my understanding that the publisher chooses an illustrator when considering a book for print. It would be terrible for someone to go through all the work of illustrating your manuscript, only to have that work thrown out... whether or not you were able to provide compensation for the effort.

Under heaven, we only know beauty as beauty because of ugliness.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-21-2012, 01:38 AM
WC! Guide
Chattanooga, TN

Hails from United States

Are you under contract yet with a publisher?
Planning to self- or e-publish?
Have you written / been published before?
Got a website? Blog?

Doing illustrations for a book involves a lot of work on the part of an artist, and should be handled as a business transaction. To protect both the artist, writer and publisher, contracts should be involved. Your agent should be able to help you with that.

One source for possible artwork might be your local colleges. Students are often very gifted and need the experience for their portfolios.

good luck

greg
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Manhattan NY

Hails from United States

I agree. If you are serious about getting your work published then let the publisher find an illustrator once the book is under contract.

If this is just for fun then finding a friend to draw your characters is fine as long as you are both enjoying it.