Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 14 June Girl & Bunny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Clea

24 x 30 cm, pastel on Pastelmat on a watercolour underpainting. It took me about 2 hours. C & c welcome.

tyree

how very lovely Clea ! love the rosy pinks on
            the little one and her bunny !
            tyree :)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

ams

Looks like the little girl really likes her bunny.

Nice touch with the shadow on the neckline of the dress. It makes it more 3D.

Anne

Anne
                C & C always welcome.
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Shanec

Lovely work, the pink really glows.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

eyepaint

She certainly looks deep in thought…

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Lovely and soft- I like your loose treatment!

Wendy C&C always welcome
                        Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

SAndypp

I love that warm sunlight through the window that you’ve captured, really sets the composition and mood of your piece. I like her dusty underfoot as well, tells the story that she and her best friend bunny always go on interesting adventures.
                            Well done Clea

123harry

You have transformed the rather glaring light of the ref into something softer, much more like evening light. It gives the whole piece a poetic feeling. Really nice.

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

Yes, soft and delicate as a little girl should be. You mentioned C&C so my only observation is that her right arm should be thicker; it appears very skinny in proportion to her head, etc.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

123harry

The arm is actually masked by the dressing gown which makes it look thin. You sometimes get this sort of problem in a composition. I guess you try to de-emphasise that bit….or whip out your artist’s license and change it!

C&C always welcome.
                                    Instagram harry.hamill

Valri Ary

Yep. Artistic license begs to be used in that skinny arm.
                                        Other than that I love her loving her bunny

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]C&C welcomed ALWAYS!!! Valri
                                        www.valriary.com

ConnieT

Your color choices are marvelous, Clea! It’s a charming portrait, very dream-like.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

Clea

Thanks a lot, everyone!

A special thanks, Kay, for mentioning the arm. I was wondering about it, but decided to stick with the reference. So it is good to hear that it’s distracting. I will change that accordingly.

dupliKate

What a beautiful, soft dreamy vignette! The colours and light are exceptional!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                                    ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

Lovely effect in this Clea – yes, dreamy is a good word!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.