Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ** Daily Wash Tuesday 6th March 2018**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Morning all.

Firstly have just read the latest words from Steve….nice words about sad times and Oh so true…..we all have grief in our lives and we all cope in different ways.

Heavy rain during night so lots of the snow will have gone….
        Eileen being dragged to local history group by Christine this morning then back here for lunch…..time for me to vacuum after I come back from pool.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Had a busy day that included w miles of walking at the mall…nonstop, and then a trip to Ikea. Near the end at Ikea, we were sweating nd had to hurry out. They did not have the air on when it was 70 outside. On the way home, we stopped at Target. Ate dinner out, and came home. Then I started building tiny kitchen cabinets. Fun day.

Of course, I could not believe the 3mring circus on the new tonight. It was very interesting TV.

Have a good day, as I head off to bed.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Good morning all.

A misty morning after a rainy night.

Great news from Uschi yesterday.:clap:

You are so right Steve about grief.

Friennds around this afternoon to watch a favourite film, Julie and Julia. My friend is an avid cook and I lent her the book some years ago.

Didn’t get the new blind I bought for the kitchen fitted, I’m going to put the new roller on the old fittings this morning, hope that will work. Just couldn’t reach above the hob to get to screws and measure :rolleyes:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

:wave:

Wet wet wet.. Studio damp again, the water found a new place to seep in.

I had an awesome morning out sketching. Pancake Manor! We had a blast and laughed until our sides hurt. :lol: I love when we get serious to and talk art and supplies, always something to share and learn from. I am happy with my drawing today, you can see it here

Fun Morning this morning with the Brisbane City Sketchers at Pancake Manor sketching inside on a wet Tuesday Morning. There were six of us today, one coming up from the Gold Coast and one coming down from the Sunshine Coast. talk about dedication. The sketching was fun, and the pancakes were awesome. Pancake Manor was originally Saint Lukes Church of England. It was designed by John Smith Murdoch and built by John Steward & Co. and was dedicated on 14 August 1904 Sketched in my handmade (by me) sketchbook 7.5 x 8 inches Saunders Waterford 300gsm paper (HP).

Annie, I feel for you this morning, my bus took over an hour to drive into the city this morning.

I must tell you something funny. So I leave home at 7.40am to catch the bus, Meetup time is 9.00am and I do allow for traffic congestion. So I get to the bus stop and as I am parking my car the bus pulls out. oh-oh So I gather my bag and phone. What phone, can’t find phone :eek: Can’t go out without phone folks test me or ring me. I drive home look everywhere for phone no phone.
        Yikes. Take a deep breath go back to my art bag on the back seat of my car and look again. Oh man.. There is my fun right at the very bottom of the bag. Strange as I sat it on the top, hmmmmmmmm

Drive back to the bus stop and another bus is there waiting. Oh man, hurry JJ I waved at the driver and he waited Phew!! I got into the city and walked down to the pancake Manor and was first one there at 5 minutes to 9 Phew! :lol:

:grouphug: Marialena :grouphug: I do not know how you feel, but I do understand. I have had a whole lot of grief in my life, more than my fair share of it, starting with my parents who died 5 years apart when I was in my 20s. Actually my first introduction to grief, was my girlfriend who died in a car crash on my 16th birthday. i have had many more shocks since. It does take time to get through all the grieving stages, and some stay with you forever. This I know. :grouphug:Marialena:grouphug:

Love and hugs to everybody :heart:

JJ
        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

RickH

I’m back with another movie. Another British film…..”The Lady in the Van”….very funny…takes place in London……….
            Just had a shipment of Daniel Smith arrive……fun to play with……

Oscars had two films with sign language. I’m interested in the film “The Silent Child”. It is a UK film…..The other film won best film of the year. The Shape of Water. The girl acting was mute not deaf hence signed……The flu is still going strong around here so I am still in hiding…..hope to get out by mid march………Best to all……

doppler

Good evening all.

Rain is still falling and today was cool. When I got up, Roger gets up early to write his textbooks, the cats surged around for food. Ok Eli surged and yelled and tripped me up. Loki sat expectantly on the end of the bed in the spare room. After the great serving, Eli wanting hers in front of the nonfunctioning fireplace, and Loki meowing in “thanks servant” for hers, served in bed with a curtsy.

After coffee. Cat food is not the best thing first thing in the morning. Chat with husband. Watching Loki mount the verandah railing to sit out of the rain and glower at the day before taking herself back to bed. Eli came in and kissed her but kissing is hard for cats because of their whiskers. At least they try, poking out the others eye and starting a fight.

Marialena, we are all here for you.:thumbsup: like it or not :)

Got to go and watch dumb quiz show :wave:

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

Hi JJ, hope the leak isn’too bad and the pump can deal with it. Nice sketch.

Hi Rick, I wasn’t keen on the film after not enjoying the book.

Hi Annie, good to see everything is right in your world.

Doug

shadye1

Good morning, cat is out frolicking, I’m decorating, the Lioness is doing everything and coordinating the efforts.
                    Off out to fetch more paint.

RickH

Well Doug that’s alright we all got our taste……..did you see “Lion”……??? Deaf people like movies generally speaking since most of us grew up without a lot TV……

shipbroker

A former business friend was an adept signer as he had a daughter who was deaf,he transferred to US and found that American signing is somewhat different….Claire has some basic skills in that area as the school she was at for 12 years had multiple disability children attending a unit there…some with several disorders,physical and mental.

Can’t comment on movies Rick as it was 1982 that I last went.

Pouring down here,fields flooded and could hear it on pool roof earlier.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

Good day all,

Cool and quiet out.

Ms. Feral had a gray male visiting last night, hoping to eat her food. I brought it inside after she ate a good helping. She does not like males and fears them. So, restless all night.

The last time I attended a movie theater was in 1999 while in Ireland. Don’t care for the dirty seats, floors and high prices.

JJ. I was forbidden from seeing your sketch, so I’ll try again later.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Johnnie

I posted this at end of yesterday’s wash. So re-posting here.. Sorry bout that.

Marialena Hi.. Wish the best to you.. Just so you know your not alone.

I have been through the ringer as far as life’s surprises go.. some great , some not so great and some that dropped me to my knees.. I am now 73 years old be 74 at end of this month

I have lost all my family.. mom, dad, son, daughter, grandkids, and the love of my life .. Only one left is my sister lives in Florida and in 50 years only seen 3 times..

On top of all that 30 years ago I had a really bad motorcycle accident. Really bad.. April 21 1989.. I remember that more than I do my birthday.. I had 18 operations, died on the table twice and was hospitalized for 1 year and 4 months. Had to learn how to walk again and on and on and is still going on. I am pretty much in a wheelchair now. I have good days where I can walk with a cane but not as many as I used to have. I still have a lot of medical issues. In my life time I have gone through, at last count, 38 surgeries. Some minor some major.. but I am not going to do it anymore. I am tire of being cut up.. You won’t under stand that probably, thats ok we all have our cross to bare, only thing tho I see nowadays is, I am running out of crosses.

People have asked me what happened .. I just say you don’t want to know.. BUT then I tell em.. I met the Grim Reaper and he told me he would not take me yet.. He said ” It is not your time., I will put you back where you were and take you off of your 80 mile and hour Harley and put you in a 5 mile and hour wheelchair scooter. Just have to slow you down a bit. When I tell folks this which I have done a time or 3 they look at me like ,, Holy Geeezzzuss Really. .It was my way of joking it off. Some time it worked most times not.
                                    Everyone has their cross to bare.. Some heavier than others.

I was absolutely out of control a few years ago when my best friend , lover, mother of my children, Betty or as I always called her on here ”Mama”..died due to high blood pressure. I was devastated, absolutely devastated.
                                    We were childhood sweetheats and married 40 years., would be/is 50 years this year I miss here so much.. I’m tearing up here as I write and have run out of tissue.. I really do miss her.

I think I was at the point of insanity. I had hard time dealing with it Ended up abusing my pain medication to almost the point of no return..

Some folks on here will remember what an ****hole I was at the time and really bad one at that.. even now,, every now and then it creeps in again. My best time now is when I am asleep.. Thats the truth.. I got kicked off of here for a while due to it all. Thats ok tho I was causing lots of grief. To folks that had nothing to do with anything. Just my way of releasing my pain I guess looking back.

I bet a few on here still remember and not good memories either…And I don’t remember ever apologizing to folks on here .. So I do now.!! Sorry to all for being such a ‘Jerk’..

So try to be with friends , take up some new different things. Even change your environment etc etc.. Just sitting thinking is the worst you can do . Believe me..

No one ever said life would be a picknick.. But I am not a quitter.. Wish I was in side sometimes . Just not made that way. But when folks ask me sometimes hey Johnnie, How ya doing.. I answer “” Oh I am doing just great, Just hangin around waiting to die.. Just don’t know when, And how are you ? “”

So not sure the above will help or not. Just a note, Note.. hell, more like a book sorry folks.

Your a great looking lady , dig deep, if you have to, dig deeper. Things usually work out sometimes not as quick as we would like.

Take care and good luck wish you the best.

I still have to dig every now and then !!

Johnnie

Sorry folks out there, is a little long in the tooth..

Spread Kindness Like Confetti !!

Bill

Johnnie, we are your friends. Losing a spouse is devastating and no one blamed you for it. You have a lot to share and I hope you are with us a long time yet to share even more.

JJ, I was able to get in through your post to Urban Sketchers. Love your sketch. Art and pancakes is a delicious morning.
                                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Uschi

Good Morning!!

No sunshine today, expecting snow flurries most of the day, not much accumulation, and a hig of 0C. Should feel warmer because the wind is from the east.

Lunch with friend Lynn today. We are going to the Indian restaurant that serves such delicious curries – buffet:thumbsup:

Won’t need to cook supper:clap: :clap: :D

Hi Johnnie, a big morning HUG for you!!! If I wasn’t too scared to drive over that darn bridge I’d come and visit you.

JJ, your link won’t let me see either. Hope not much water in your studio, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: about your phone = addiction:D

I feel lazy this morning so I’ll just :wave: to everyone and wish you a good day!

Uschi

I corrected the link Uschi HERE.

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.