Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE July 12 Hillside Pasture

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ConnieT

Acrylic gouache on white board, 8-1/4″ x 7-3/4″, about 3-1/2 hours. My first adventure with gouache. I like it!

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

SAndypp

Oh what creamy textured work!!! I Love it. Looks like Gauche loves you back. Perfect for this reference. The bull and the young cow look so at ease there. I also like the background. That sky is marvelous. Pretty much you can tell I’m impressed with whole scene. Its been a popular choice. The cattle don’t live there in real life. They asked the owner if they could come over to eat some yummy grass.

Big congrats from my part :clap:
            Sandy.

A good start. Remember gouache can be blended.

Check out the youtube videos of Sandra Ruberto and Lena Rivo .

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

BUN201

At first I thought this was acrylic…. nice use of the gouache for an impressionistic piece.

Bunny

http://bunnygriffeth.com

tyree

this is gorgeous ! love the colours in the hills !!!!

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

Wow Connie, such smooth colors using gouache. It is a medium that I need to use more of for sure.

Thanks Doug for the links.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ams

Nice peaceful scene. Good use of the texture. Love the wooden fence post.

I read about acrylic gouache. Would that make it behave more like acrylic than gouache but have a gouache look? Here is the description I found.

“Acrylic gouache is opaque, matte acrylic paint. The opacity means it has excellent coverage, the acrylic binder means it is waterproof when dry, so you can over paint without smearing and the matte finish gives a velvety surface.”(Jackson’s Art Blog)

Anne

Anne
                        C & C always welcome.
                        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

ConnieT

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Doug, I just visited the YouTube sites you mentioned — very helpful! I hadn’t studied this medium before on YouTube. I just got a pre-packaged “basic” set for the heck of it when I replenished my supply of Liquitex acrylics recently. Liquitex now advertises that all of its water-based products are designed to work together. Hmm, that sounded interesting, but I’d have to look into how that is supposed to work.

Anne, I would say the description you sent is certainly true for the Liquitex acrylic gouache that I got. As Kay mentioned it is very smooth, but it has enough body to give you some thick, visible brush work if you are going for that. I found the consistency delightful. Coverage is very good.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

Very well done!:)

Clea

Lovely expressive work! I particularly like the colours and the texture!

Rundun

Very well done.Imelda

Valri Ary

I love this….if you hadn’t said gouache I would not have guessed it. IT’s done to perfection. Even that, what I thought was annoying, barbed wire is GREAT. LOVE

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]C&C welcomed ALWAYS!!! Valri
                                        www.valriary.com

Successful venture Connie – I like the freshness here.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.