Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art July 2019, Challenge and chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Come join us! This is the place to chat about miniatures, art or life in general. Show us what you’re up to or what you’re working on.

If you’d like to take part in the challenge, use any of the following photos to create a piece of art and then share it with us in this thread.

If you’d like to add a photo to the challenge, please go right ahead.

The guidelines for the Challenge are simple.

All works must be within the size guidelines of the Miniature forum.

You can use any medium, digital art is welcome. :)

All schools of painting from abstract to realism are welcome.

You may crop, edit, combine or alter the images in any way you’d like.
    Please tell us the medium, size and support when you share your images.

Artists of all levels of experience are encouraged and welcome.

Thank you to all the members who contribute to the Reference Image Library (RIL)[/URL].

Be creative and enjoy!

If you would like to host a month, please pm Virginia (vmrs).

——————————————-
    Blink by Grey Tabby

House in Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire by Schuee

portmerion by Ceiliog

Gone Fishing by Luv2shoot

A small Hero by Seeka

Lily by vmrs

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Good ones! Thanks Virginia!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

This afternoon I managed to do the lilies. I cut a 4×6 from an older one to use the back, looked at the painted part of the former design and thought why not:confused: So here is Lilies & Ribbons in watercolor.

Kay

Kay, what lovely yellow lilies to see this morning.

LIL

Lovely idea, Kay!
    My attempt at the cat in op’s 5×6.5. I used a Dermatograph marker and pencil for the black hairs

Christel

PaintBoss

Really lovely work ladies! :clap:
        Kay, I like how you incorporated the old work with the new.
        Christel, lovely portrait of the cat. The eyes have it!:cat:

~Christine
        🇨🇦

floblue

Really like both of these. The texture on the cats fur is so realistic. And Kay I like the ribbons with the Lilies.

floblue

Virginia. I think the resource photos you picked are so interesting. I Hope I can make some time to do at least one of these. A lot going on right now, kids are here and dad’s not doing well.

Thanks Christine and Floblue!

Christel

Hope you Dad is okay Flo, my Mom is in isolation right now. She has MRSA, they were thinking of amputating her other foot but it looks like they are trying to control the infection right now as she’s saying she won’t allow them to amputate and would rather die. We’ve tried to bring up her going into long term care but she refuses, of course if they amputate her other foot, she’ll have to. I don’t know what to do with her other than to accept her at her word, if she wants to go than that’s her decision. She’s been through a lot health wise. That being said, she’s so stubborn, she probably outlive all of us!

We are in the middle of storm season for sure. We’ve had non stop thunderstorms and windstorms. I went to drive around a corner this morning at 5am and nearly hit a tree in the road. It wasn’t very big so me and the guy behind me pulled it off the road.
                It thundered all night, I know that because Sammy kept waking me up to tell me it was thundering, it’s nice to know that he thinks I’m so powerful that I could fix it for him but it is exhausting. :lol:

Christel, those eyes are amazing, purrrfect really. :D

Kay, you have the cleverest ideas, that looks great. The colors of your yellows and the way they blend is lovely.

Christine, hope you had a Happy Canada Day, how’s the new puppy doing?

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Love your kitty, Christel, and it appears his/her whiskers are a bit short. The eyes are deep with lots of varied colors the way they are in real life.

Kay

Christel, I like your kitty and those eyes. That’s the one I want to try too.

LIL

Thanks Virginia, Kay and Lil! I’ll have a look at those whiskers.
                Virginia – all the best for your mom and hope for a speedy recovery.

Christel

MRSA is nasty so do hope she gets better, Virginia. That generation is tough.

The cat photo is cropped so it looks as if its whiskers are short.

Kay

PaintBoss

Thanks Virginia.:) Well it was Canada Day and my daughter’s 18th birthday this past week. Officially graduated to adulthood. Wow. That went fast. Lots of mixed emotions, but I hide them well. :wink2: I do feel old now though. Those 2 decades from 30 to 50 went by quickly. :eek:
                    Best wishes for recovery to your mom. These superbugs are a worry. Poor lady. Hope she isn’t in too much pain.
                    Best wishes to Barb’s dad too. (How is your dad doing?)
                    Glad you weren’t in an accident with that tree Virginia. I have had near run in’s like that before as well.
                    Here is my little guy. He has more then doubled his size and is 7 pounds now and still growing. 7 months old. I am happy he is a bigger chihuahua. He is the gentlest little soul. I never thought I would have this breed. He is very smart. Very sensitive, fun, and a real dog in a wee body. I keep thinking when I see him “what big ears you have” like in the fairytale. They droop when he is very tired.:cat: He has been very good for my hubby who is a real nurturing type and had trouble with stress and high blood pressure recently. The two of them are a pair and go everywhere together. He cuddles this dog like a baby. I think this dog was meant for him, and am happy for that.
                    “Hola ladies!”

Happy July 4th to my American friends.
                    Petsitting 2 pet rabbits, who are fun to watch and quite easy. My house feels a bit like an animal shelter at present. The animals have been amazed with each other. Cat, dog, bunnies. But they have all relaxed. It is cute seeing the bunnies get their happiness out. They run and jump and twist in the air, kicking up their heels. One was saved but very underweight and terrified, when my daughter’s boyfriend adopted her from the animal shelter. She would not come out of her cage for months. But she did put on weight. Well. You should see her dancing and running around my place now. 🙂 They even let the dog lick their faces through the gates. I grew up on a hobby farm and have a sense with animals. I never push them. Just give them their space and opportunity to discover the world is safe in small steps.

~Christine
                    🇨🇦

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.