Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics UPDATED – another landscape with Pyrrole Orange.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

This one’s on paper 13 X 20 in. Heavy body acrylics heavily thinned with Golden Open gloss medium. Painted directly over another work that I didn’t like. No gesso, no sanding. On 140 lb. hot press watercolor paper.

Sky’s a little dark, no river reflections yet, far bank needs personality …

Photo is too dark. Sorry ’bout that.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

bluefish

love all the greens….is that someone in the dense brush?…….:wave:

Very bold. Looks like a great start.

Mark

Women and cats do as they please. Men and dogs may as well relax to it.
        Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks, blue. Could be.

Thank you, Mark.

gaykir

Mind if I pull up a chair and watch?

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

bluefish

the vast ‘greens’ mask the powerful ‘pyrrole orange’, but it’s there in all it’s decorative beauty!:thumbsup:

Gayle, you’re more than welcome. There’s popcorn and beverages at the concession stand.

Thanks blue. I appreciate your support.

Katie Black

I always enjoy a good WIP..

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks Katie. I will wip it, wip it good.

Retiree

Is it at all possible to take a lighter photo? I think we are missing the beautiful colours that you have used.

Is it at all possible to take a lighter photo? I think we are missing the beautiful colours that you have used.

Yes, I will post an update with better reproduction.

Brighter photo. Lightened up the sky a bit. Getting a little sizzle where the orange and blue meet in the sky. Going to go for more of that at the far horizon.

Pondering how far away to push the far bank. Maybe I’ll leave it where it is and let the art historians ponder why I flattened the 3D space so much. :lol: :lol: :angel:

Phoo. Just spotted those two parallel marks in the upper left.

Katie Black

Lovely! I don’t think I would do much more as it looks done to me.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

bluefish

love that sky and the green foliage is to be commended…:thumbsup:

and I was right, that is Katie behind the large bush, changing into her ‘bikini’..I never forget a face…..:lol: :rolleyes: :wave:

Really love the updated version, Cliff. It has some really nice colours singing together. (Or maybe that’s Blue yodelling in the bushes :lol:)

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.