Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Monday 11th June 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, much earlier today. I’m having difficulty sleeping in this heat.

The weather is supposed to break by Thursday when an Atlantic front moves in.

It’s Ruth’s birthday today, we will go out for a meal at our favourite restaurant this evening.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shadye1

The Birds, The Birds! Gulls at 4:am, Magpies and Jackdaws followed and still at it now all have young and are busy showing them the ropes.
        The pond has a short rill and the birds love to have a drink, and bathe first thing and last thing, froglettes everywhere, all the bigger birds eat them
        (and the tadpole stage) Put water in your garden and see things you could not imagine.

Lulu

Evening all

Happy birthday to Ruth.:heart:

You can have some of our rain Doug…

Again, thinking of Uschi and hoping all goes well.

Busy work week here, bb probably next weekend.

:wave:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

doppler

Good evening all.

HAppy birthday to Ruth Doug. :thumbsup: to many many more.

Rod, you have re awakened pond dreaming :heart:

LUlu, no rain here today. Yes, Uschi deserves our washer help. I’m sure she will be fine but a combined positive mind blast from all around the world helps. :)

Quiet day today. I had to soak one of my mums quilts and will wash it tomorrow.

I’m not sure who is responsible, and it’s too late anyway as they would have forgotten, and they would have blamed the other, and I told them as kittens that there is NOTHING they can do to make me unlove them. So I’m not breaking promises.

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Happy Birthday Ruth..

Rain didn’t come last night,forecast for this afternoon now..we shall see.

Been down to surgery for some more pain-killers,collect tomorrow…also an appointment to see the Doc about continuing the antibiotics when they run out tomorrow.Somewhat pinker in hue but still fiery in touch.

Hopefully a quick trip into Thirsk market to see if I can get some larger Geraniums ,if so plant up and restart the three pictures for the weddings.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good Morning all,
                    It is 5:15 here in still dark Oakwood. Birds have started singing already.

More rain possible today here.

I’m off to my painting class this afternoon. Drew out my next picture yesterday.

Hope all goes well for Uschi.

Happy Birthday, to your Ruth, Doug! Hope it is a very happy one.

:wave: to all who were here before me and to those still on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Good day all,

It will be a sunny, warm day while gardening!

Happy Birthday to Ruth!

((Geoff)) I hope your leg recovers soon. I hate being on antibiotics.

((Uschi)) Hope all goes well.

Thinking of ((Linda))

((G6))

I still need a little more sleep.

Bill

Be kinder than necessary

shipbroker

Been to Doctors and have cancelled gardening for a couple of days….in addition to the tablets that finish course tomorrow have been given even stronger ones to overlap starting now……he wasn’t happy with progress although there has obviously been some. Anyway, whenever possible, leg above waist ( which one?) so spending the rest of the day in front of tv with leg elevated and a pile of Time Magazines to catch up on……Eileen must care as she has taken the ‘bus to town for some ice lollies for me! Ideal to cool a leg down!

Really hot here, mid 20’s….no rain yet.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

HarvestMoon

Annie you have nailed my cats! They like to lie on top of the couch, and hurl fur balls down on the my favorite spot at night. Bought ugly sofa cover, they manage to find places it does not cover. Have to inspect the couch now before sitting when my eyes are barely open. That even looks like our Mac!

Summer heat is heavy upon us. It was so nice in the spring to sit outside. So little rain even the cactus are struggling. Lawn quite dead. Hubby does not seem to believe in watering grass or anything not newly planted…..and you have to water things daily to keep them alive. Alarming when water is such a precious commodity here and people’s wells are going dry. We are now on city water but that comes from somewhere too….so many have swimming pools they have to top off daily, that is probably the biggest water use.

Harvest Moon 🐐

doppler

Linda I would have nailed my cats too but promises are promises. :)

We are coming into our dry season. Soil is still damp. Rain showers sparse and light. Tanks are full. Watering anything in the garden is directed at roots. Swimming pools …. Waste. Ponds … :thumbsup:

Annie
                                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                                    Steven Wright
                                    My Flickr Site

:wave: everyone,
                                    Another sunny day with an expected high of 26. :eek: I’m going to melt (no laughing Lulu). I haven’t evolved for heat according to my DNA. My background is Finnish, Scandinavian, and a little from the Wales area. I’m glad I got the deck finished yesterday. :rolleyes:

Today will be the gym, painting on the commission, and working on some illustrations for the book. I will use Blurb to print out just a couple of copies but I’m not going to spend a lot of time on it to sell. This is for family consumption.

Annie – I had to wash our bedspread the other day for the same reason. For some reason our cat with long, black fur will only leave his hair balls on soft surfaces. We only have one room and a hallway with rugs and he will usually go there to make a deposit. :rolleyes:

A friend is dropping off a couple of Trillium plants today. He has them in his garden but they have wandered into his lawn. He doesn’t want to mow them down so I’ll give them a new home with my ferns I just moved from my lawn.

Sending white light for Uschi. I thought it was tomorrow for her surgery but I’m probably wrong if you all are thinking it’s today. Either way the get well wishes will be beaming out.

Doug – tell Ruth happy birthday from me.

Geoff – I’m glad your doctor is giving you stronger antibiotics. Cellulitis is hard to get rid of.

Breakfast is next so I’ll wish you all a creative day.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Ask and you will receive. Bright sunshine and a NORTH wind that keeps temperature at a nice 22C:thumbsup: :angel:

Thank YOU!!:heart: But not today!! So I will carefully save your good wishes for tomorrow.

Annie, that’s what I will be doing tomorrow, always after anesthetic

(((Geoff)))

Doug, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ruth!!!!!. Yes, very hard to sleep with heat like that. Actually I don’t have problems sleeping in the heat once I am asleep but falling asleep is another story.

Going for brunch with friend Lynn today instead of tomorrow.

I too will have to water my garden today, I also do to the roots only.

Char, tomorrow is your big day – COUNTERTOP DAY:clap: :clap:

BBL, unmtil then :wave: to ALL and wishing us all a good day!!

Uschi

:wave: everyone

It’s Ruth’s birthday today, we will go out for a meal at our favourite restaurant this evening.Doug

Love and Hugs Ruth :heart:

Can the acupuncturist do sewers too JJ?

:lol: I wish..

My acupuncture session went well, then my acupuncturist became my Dr, and gave me a work over, wrote a script for antibiotics, and shook her head, saying I was very sick. Sputum sample sent off for testing.

Her acupuncture doesn’t help my coughing much, but it sure works wonders on the rest of my bits and pieces..

So sorry you are still struggling Geoff. :grouphug:

I have two plumbers coming tomorrow for a look, one morning, one afternoon. One, of them is going to get the job. I an very tired of this, the black water down there and the smell.. :eek:
                                        The tree roots are still very small, we will deal with them. There is no blockage in the drains anywhere according to the guy who camera’d it, he suspects old clay pipes to be the problem.

Char I am so sorry you are having such a time with your internet :grouphug: Hydro outages in the summer?
                                        :grouphug: for OscarTheWilde :grouphug: I hope he returns soon..

Lulu I am so impressed with all your peddling girl!

JJ….looks like you’re making headway….I hope what you’ve found is the point of your problem and not back under your basement slab….

I really do think there are two problem areas, and I am dreading the expense of the second one. Tomorrow I will know more..

Your neighbours tree problem is plain scary Steve. My neighbour had a big old gum tree that would bend in the wind right over my roof, it was on the boundary. I made him come out and look one storm we had, and he got it cut down. I told him if it landed on my house he had to replace my house :wink2: It too was hollow in the center right down to the ground. The treemen found a huge bug/slug like thing living in there :eek: as big as my wrist :eek:

Happy gardening Darla xx

Ellen what a wonderful thing to do and what a great legacy. A book written especially for him from Granma.

Hellooooo Tom, lovely to see you!
                                        Had your Dr done blood tests and checked your iron/vit E – D etc? Good luck with your new/old home. I love old houses myself, so much character..

:grouphug: Uschi :grouphug:

Love and hugs to everyone.

Have a blessed day

:heart:

JJ
                                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                        MY BLOG
                                        My Youtube videos

Good Morning! The sun is brilliant and he morning is still nice and cool. We’re looking for a very pleasant high of 22C. No rain in sight. :(

I don’t have any big plans for my day. I need to print off a reference for my Wednesday Class. I’ve told them about Linda’s waving mallard and they want to give him a try. They’re nearly finished ShelleyP’s loon and it’s looking great.

Our plumber will be here on Friday to install the sink, dishwasher and fridge. It will be a busy weekend after that… we’ve been invited to Simon’s Graduation on Saturday. And then, we’re invited to a barbeque. Father’s Day this weekend, McKenzie wants us to go out on Sunday. I need to unpack all the boxes housing my kitchen stuff and haul all the fridge food upstairs. It’s going to be catch as catch can!

Welcome back Tom! Congratulations on the new job and the new home.

[FONT=”Georgia]Happy Birthday, Ruth!![/FONT]

Rod, invest in a pair of ear plugs. You won’t regret it one bit.

:wave: Lulu. Have a great week.

I hope there are no lasting stains on your quilt, Annie! :eek: We’re lucky because our guys choose to do their worst outside on the deck. In front of the door. But, it’s outside. And I’m not the cleaner of such things as my contribution would make it that much worse!

((Geoff)) A long course of antibiotics wreaks havoc in other ways. I do hope you’re eating yogurt every day to help combat them. Enjoy your time just healing!

:wave: I’m sure you’ll have a great class, Sylvia.

Bill, sadly it has become G6 because it absolutely cannot be G8. :(

(((Linda))) It’s really hard to be forced into watching your gardens and lawn choke because of drought.

How lucky that you’ve been given those trilliums, Ellen!

(((Uschi))) you’ll be on my mind tomorrow for sure! I’m sure you know to eat very lightly today.

JJ, have you found a satisfactory plumber?

I need to get showered and dressed, so it’s time to log off. Have a great day everyone!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

webLes

Morning all

Happy Birthday Ruth and many more

Uschi :crossfingers: :crossfingers: everything ok .

Les

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.