Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lisavollrath

Hot off the work table, here’s a piece I’ve submitted to a local heart-themed art show. This is The Book of Love, 12″W x 50″H x 7″D, worked with acrylics and charcoal on 2×8 inch pine.

This year’s sub theme is hearts and music, so I took my inspiration from Peter Gabriel’s song The Book of Love. The lyrics to it are written in the handmade heart-shaped book, which is attached to the wood with a spike through it on the right side.

ladypainter

Wow this is awesome!! I love it.:)

Elinor:wave:
            "keep your own time tickin"

HRSG

Wonderful! So much to see and love the juxtaposition of the soft and hard elements.

[/U][/CENTER]

Lisa, this is so awe-inspiring! What a treasure!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Cyndi L

What an awesome way to merge your altered books and other mixed media work!

Eraethil

An excellent assemblage! The various elements/media are really well integrated so that they all look like they truly belong together.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

rogerwjr

Well done!

KiwiKate

Amazing — if it was in a gallery I’d be standing a looking for hours!

Kate
                                Henderson, Nevada
                                C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

Sonia

Very unusual – I like it a lot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.