Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical For Those We Have Loved and Lost

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    oldglory

Of all of Charlotte’s gardens, this was her favorite; she called it her Memory Garden –

Through the years she planted special flowers For Those We Have Loved and Lost – It is a wonderful place to visit; to meditate, to unclutter one’s mind and to feed the soul ( Charlotte always said that flowers were food for the soul ) –

During the Spring and Summer this special place is a riot of color; alive with activity from all the pollinators, butterflies and song birds – The air is filled with a sweetness impossible to describe –

This Spring I will plant special flowers in memory of Charlotte – I will be spending a great deal of time here “feeding my soul” –

I hope you can smell the sweet air – Enjoy –

Thank you for viewing – Hud

catjoe

What a lovely idea to plant a memory garden. A good thing to think upon and perhaps plan out during these winter months of being in the house. I think your painting depicting the garden is lovely. Yes…I think I caught a sweet whiff of those flowers.

Kathy
            I love friends to visit my blog: My Blog: Minding My P's with Q

oldglory

Kathy: Thank you – This garden is truly a special place; everyone should have such – It lifts the spirit –

Thank you for viewing –

Hud

It’s lovely that you are keeping Charlotte’s memory alive through her garden – and I hope it brings you a measure of peace too. (I’m in a similar situation to you this past year, but it’s mostly been me doing/creating the garden! …. I miss being able to discuss it though!).

Please share more paintings as you do them Hud.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

oldglory

Maureen: Thank you – So often peace is very elusive; but painting and gardens are great comforters – They bring much solace and are good friends –

I am so sorry for your situation; wishing you peace and comfort –

Again, thank you for viewing and your kind words –

Hud

Skyenorth

Charlotte’s memory garden is very joyful with the colour and movement of the brushwork. Looking forward to seeing more paintings of Charlotte’s garden in the future Hud when the weather is better.

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
                        http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
                        Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
                        Winston Churchill.

oldglory

Caroline: Thank you – I wanted to impart a sense of life and energy to the rendering of her garden; this is the feeling one gets while visiting –

It will be a few months before I can get into the gardens to work; but looking forward to it – Will set up a easel in this one and try to paint some of the beautiful flowers –

Thanks for viewing – Hud

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.