Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Monday 10 & Tuesday 11, September, 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill

Monday, Tuesday, as the song goes, Good day to y’all! :thumbsup:
        Just had tea, al fresco, it has been a beautiful day, 24C.

Spent much of today learning to shoot movie mode on the OMD.
        Very pleased with my first ever try – Well even Spielberg had to start somewhere, didn’t he?

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Have to make a start, yes.

Good Day Mates,
        Double thanks, Mark, for starting the MONDAY and TUESDAY thread. Now that’s thinkin’. That’s funny that you should do that. Just yesterday I was looking around WC to see what others do regarding dailies. Some of them have a weekly and some have a monthly. But I like what we have, this way our threads aren’t so loooooong, and don’t take looooooong to download the messages especially since they have lots of photos in them. We use our daily to not only chat but share photos.

On that note, thanks for the delectable image that now makes me crave fish and chips as I sit here and eat my morning oatmeal.

Regarding the video, Mark, that should be fun. They say to keep your mind sharp that you should challenge yourself. This is good and I know that you will not only be recording your personal adventurous life, but you will also get into a little journalistic type street video photography. Good for you. I have lots of friends who share hundreds of pictures of their grandkids, I always like when one or two of them are videos.

Not too long ago I posted some drumstick in the WHAT IZ IT challenge. Here is more of the same, but a much more inclusive photograph of the counter where the drumsticks were sitting.

Drum roll please.

Have a terrific Tuesday, Mark and Peter and all who follow.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Hi all.

Thanks for the well wishes the past few days about my back discomfort. Yesterday was much better in that regard, but this morning I sneezed and the back decided it didn’t like that; the pain brought me to my knees. I got back up after a few minutes, and decided a gentle walk in the warm sun would help. The first couple hundred paces were very tentative, but eventually things looseneed up and I continued on for a while. It’s better now than this morning, but I’m still moving around very gingerly.

Somber anniversary today in the US.

Two very nice photos above – nice work, Mark and Lorell.

The city has apparently scheduled my neighborhood’s streets for repair/maintenance…

Speaking of maintenance, I just discovered water all over the floor of one of the bathrooms. Looks like the toilet is leaking – not from the toilet itself but from its main water inlet in the floor. Probably the wax seal or rubber gasket has failed.

Our son often orders stuff online. The other day he got a package he wasn’t expecting from a company he has done business with. He knew this wasn’t his order so before opening it he emailed the company. It turns out it was a $500 down jacket that should have gone to someone in Brazil. Today the company emailed him back and said he could either: 1) ship it back to them at his own expense, or 2) keep it. I’m not sure why the company would choose to eat the cost (gotta be $200 or more) of sending a replacement to the correct buyer rather than reimburse my son (maybe around $15) for shipping costs to return it.

Greenhill

As imaginative as ever, Lorell. The complimentary colors rendered well. What were you doing in a musical shop anyway,
                are you a drummer, or play some musical instrument; I suspect you do.

Re. The Daily, I agree that it is great just the way it is, as a nice place to wake up to, or to end the day on a social note.

As for videos, I see no ongoing interest for myself as file sizes are so humongous (28MB for a 90 second movie) that they are impractical to share.
                And who in hell wants to watch a painful home movie anyway? None of my friends have an attention span longer than ten seconds!
                So I’ll stay with stills and explore the camera’s video capabilities purely as a matter of interest.

Dave, I like your street signage shot. Aside from being critically sharp you have composed it well.

So as this edition of The Daily covers two days, I thought I’d add another model airplane image not included in a previous thread.
                Sorry for the large picture; its url is copied and pasted from another location.

MY FLICKR
                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Rich

Hi all.

Our son often orders stuff online. The other day he got a package he wasn’t expecting from a company he has done business with. He knew this wasn’t his order so before opening it he emailed the company. It turns out it was a $500 down jacket that should have gone to someone in Brazil. Today the company emailed him back and said he could either: 1) ship it back to them [B]at his own expense[/B], or 2) keep it. I’m not sure why the company would choose to eat the cost (gotta be $200 or more) of sending a replacement to the correct buyer rather than reimburse my son (maybe around $15) for shipping costs to return it.

Makes absolutely no sense at all. They need a new CEO!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                    Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                    Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.