Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Call the midwife

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We’ve had two pregnant model in the last couple of weeks but first a couple of drawings of a couple. These are about 2 hours each.

Then the first pregnant model: 8 and a half months. First time posing. Ten and twenty minutes.

Thanks for looking.

Then one hour.

I later learnt she had gone home and went into labour immediately after the session.

I think these were 20 minutes each.

Seven minutes each.

One hour.

Then the second of the pregnant models. These were about 2.5 hours and 90 minutes.

Sculpture was after 5 two hour sessions.

Nathan.
    C&C always appreciated.
    My art on Instagram

You are the master of thread titles!
    I am in awe of your drawing/painting/sculpture skills, Nathan! And I am so jealous of those pregnant models. Beautiful!

bethany
    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
    website www.bethanyart.com
    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

IndianaKate

My favorite drawing is the one hour of the first pregnant model. The light is just marvelous! The sculpture is also incredible. It is just lovely.

Kate

ArtistOz

I don’t know what mood you were in when drawing Nathan some of your models have a sour expression, must be the weather. :)

The 7 min with the male raising his leg is impressive display of strength if he held it for the 7 mins you captured it well.

Bill,
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
            Instagram, billwperry

123harry

Perhaps you should recruit a midwife into the drawing group if these ladies are going to cut it quite so fine!
                All good stuff and the pregnant subjects are suitably monumental but again my favourites are the analytical linear ones. The one hour gent on the couch head on hand would be my pick of the bunch.
                Bill the model with the raised leg is cheating. His foot is on a stool….

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

gorgeous line as ever

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                Instagram
                https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

ArtistOz

Thanks Harry, that stool is too subtle for my eyesight. :)

Bill,
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                    Instagram, billwperry

Thanks Bethany, it was easy to pick a title for this selection.

Kate thanks. I need to remove some of the base of the sculpture but keep the sense of turning.

You are right Bill, they do look quite dour or severe. As Harry suggested he was resting the leg on a stool. I haven’t really drawn the stool apart from a faint line for the circular top.

Harry the ladies in the group all suggested they knew what to do if the model went in to labour, though as grandmothers they are now more used to babysitting grandchildren over half-term holidays. I liked the long pose you mentioned as I thought I capture the perspective well.

Thanks David.

Nathan.
                    C&C always appreciated.
                    My art on Instagram

Constance

The one hour drawing of the male model on the sofa is my favourite.

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

kevinwueste

Enjoyed this group of works Nathan. Keep an eye on the eye-distances .. on several of these head they are just getting too close to the nasal bone/nose.. I see it most often here in your more forward facing heads.. easy to fix: line up the inside of the eye with the nostril wing..

kevin

i draw, paint and teach | my voice is hoarse | my shoulder hurts.
                            Talent is really a capacity for a certain type of learning of knowledge and a consuming interest in the facts that contribute to that knowledge~ Andrew Loomis
                            http://www.kevinwuesteart.blogspot.com
                            "kevinwueste" on instagram

Thanks Constance.

Kevin thanks for the advice: I can see it even with the profile faces.

Nathan.
                            C&C always appreciated.
                            My art on Instagram

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.