Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Microsoft "Fresh Paint" software – great oil painting feature

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SeaScapePtr

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Book 12, which is a Windows tablet pc. It comes with the Samsung S-Pen. I just tried using the oil painting feature of Microsoft’s “Fresh Paint.” Wow!!! It’s marvelous. You can blend oil paint on the screen and it looks so natural and blends wonderfully. It results in a very nice painterly bristle brush textured look to it. It’s also very soothing and fun to do. Now I can go to town with the oil painting experience without the actual mess and other hassles of IRL physical oil painting. Dang, I think this has a lot of potential for some great digital art that looks like traditional oil paintings. I’ve tried oil painting on Corel Paint but I don’t recall it being as good as Fresh Paint. If you haven’t tried it yet, try it!! It’s free software. It runs on Windows 10. I don’t know if it works for other versions of Windows. It may be only for Windows 10.

I saw the video you linked to in the other thread. It does look good for someone who wants a more natural experience.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.