Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 01052018 "Three ‘Leanin’ Trees"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    surob

Thank you for hosting and the challenge Kay. Just what the doctor ordered. I need to do things more quickly. I could have gone on and on and on……..

5 minutes 5″X3.5″
        300# fabrino cold press and a black WC pencil.

10 minutes

15 minutes

20 minutes and done

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

ams

Nice work Susan. I like the finished product…just the right amount of water. Beautiful suggestion of leaves.

Anne

Anne
            C & C always welcome.
            https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

LoganArt

Good job! I like the time lapse photos.

C&C always welcome
                robertsloan2

Susan, that’s glorious. Love the way you did the sketch and wash with one black Watercolor pencil. It’s fantastic. Beautiful brush work, loose and expressive and not too much of it, just enough dry texturing around to keep it focused. Great values. Great scene, lots of depth and it draws me right in. Love this sort of thing and try for it sometimes.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                    Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                    blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

eyepaint

Love seeing the progression to the wash step :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Triduana

This is lovely Susan! I like the way you built the picture up – thanks for showing us the different steps. It looks great after 5 minutes, lovely tree shapes and the lane that leads you into the picture. The finished piece is super, I like the different textures of the trees and I like that you included the pylon too. Thanks for joining in! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Very pretty!:)

Joanne_N

I like that you showed your progress, that is cool. The effect of the simple wash at the end is great, I love it.

missswiss

I really like this and I too thank you for seeing the steps. There is just something about a black and white that I so love.

Have a good day, Mary
                                    C & C welcome and would be so appreciated.
                                    Blog: www.missswisssartcabin.blogspot.com/
                                    :)Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author

Really, really nice, Susan!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Scattykat

…cool sketch, nice seeing the wip’s, wel done…

Scatty ....
                                        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Clea

Nice work! Thanks for showing the entire progression!

tyree

lovely..i like the texture and the hint of leaves ~ ! tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

lisilk

Love the wash over the graphic, it creates nice character and depth.

Li

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
                                                    123harry

A successful quick sketch which makes good use of the paper texture.

C&C always welcome.
                                                        Instagram harry.hamill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.