Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting self portrait 7

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Luvy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sevan

Another one
        c&c welcome. Thanks for looking!

Oil canvas 16×20

Boafamily

I can see more of your features in the face, so it’s not as unsettling as the self portrait 6.

sevan

Thanks for commenting.
                Theyre not really my features. The pose is, but it was a long exposure shot with me moving my head (another set of eyes and nose are in forehead). The point was to show on the outside what the inner emotions or state of mind is. Emotional portrait, inner portrait, these sound silly to me. Havent tried thinking of a better term yet. Im trying to do a series of different styles and degrees of physical likeness, or total lack thereof, depending on the emotion. Altogether they might make more sense. Maybe someone can relate to one of them, maybe not. Thankfully selling is not my goal bc it freaks even me out watching me from the corner.

Dcam

Though disturbing, this is certainly unique and creative.
                    My Goodness sevan: will these be dry by 2021?

sevan

Thanks Dcam
                        Ha, doubt it. It should get an outer skin soon enough though so hopefully it wont crack or shrivel too much as the rest of the insides take an eternity.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.