WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > WIPs (Works In Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#136   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Enthusiast
Grenaa

Hails from Denmark
Re: Egg Falls WIP

Wow Dianna, I must say, your work is fabulus! This is soooo great an inspiration that I had to get some satin fabric and see how you did it. I'm proberly going to give it a go between christmas and new year. Thank you VERY much for such a great source of insperation. And Merry Christmas too you.
  #137   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 AM
A Local Legend
London

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi Dianna - I caught the beginning of this thread but have been away recently and Gord's just alerted me to the fact it's finished.

Thanks for all the detailed shots - it's always interesting to look at technique but the best technique in the world is nothing without a neat concept and good work with the value design.

I've not used Holbein at all - how do you find them?

Would it surprise you that I now think of you everytime I look at the General's charcoal pencil in my pencil case!
  #138   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2006, 12:11 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
British Columbia, Canada - in the beautiful Fraser Valley

Hails from Canada

Hello Dorte....Thanks so very much and I do hope you post your satin...it makes for such interesting compositions and I'd love to see someone else's take on it. I have just photographed some 'white on white' eggs for my next eggcibition.

Katherine....how great to hear from you. I pop in every once in a while to see what is new in your exciting life....and of course to admire "my" sketch.

I like Holbein but of course they don't have real darks. My two favourite colour groupings are the ultramarines and what I call the "mochas" but are probably called rose browns. They also come in four shades and blend so well with the ultramarines. If I was to purchase just a few to try out....those two groups would be my suggestions. Keep that charcoal pencil sharp...though I see we haven't really dragged you far from the CP...I do see a few pastels on your site.

Thank you both for stopping in and to those of you who stop but don't comment.....My very best of the season to all of you!!

Cheers, Dianna

#139   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-23-2006, 12:46 PM
A WC! Legend
Seattle

Hails from United States

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!! WOW - SUPERB!!! I don't know if I can even express the words.

The energy and momentum and the reaction one has to seeing this painting is what I think every piece should have... it's just rich with so much energy potential... and sings....

Oh you have truly created a masterpiece here and I'm sure it's going to appear on the cover of many famous journals in very short order...

On and a special thanks for bringing us step by step along the way. That's one of the best Christmas gifts of all.

Barb

www.MorninNoonanNight.com
  #140   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast
Grenaa

Hails from Denmark

Your next eggcibition haha ^^ Joke taken! hehe...I've got my satin fabric now and some eggs, so I'm giving it a try one of these days, I just have on drawing to finish first. I'm very excited about trying this out. thanks again Dianna.
  #141   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-25-2006, 04:03 PM

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnoonan
I'm sure it's going to appear on the cover of many famous journals in very short order...

Ah!! One can only wish Barb!!

What colours did you settle on Dorte?....looking forward to whatever it is you'll do.

Cheers Dianna

#142   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2006, 01:53 AM
A Local Legend
Sunny California

Hails from United States

Dianna, I've late to this party but have been hanging around a long time now. Didn't want to miss any step you are so gracious to share with us. All I can say is that I am just in awe of you!

binkie
  #143   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Enthusiast
Grenaa

Hails from Denmark

Well Dianna, I've chosen the blue range of colors.
Here's my ref photo. I shot it christmas eve.

It's going to be a great challenge! I really hope I have the right blue colors in my kit. I just love the blue colors of the satin.
  #144   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2006, 02:03 PM

Hails from Canada

Gwen you are far too kind. Thanks so much!!

Dorte, you wiil have some wonderful blue relections to work with when you get to these little guys.

Cheers, Dianna