Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events wde 216 used as my daily

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Helen

I love the image and the paintings that were done using the image … but I’m still concentrating on trying to capture the essence in just a few minutes. This is my Stone Bridge… 5 minutes for pencil sketch and another 5 minutes for ink. I’ve decided that I can save the ink for when I have more time and that would have made this one a better sketch but…. I’m learning as I go.

"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

SAndypp

Excellent exercise with the quick sketches. Your gesture lines are to die for. There is so much energy and spontaneity that I could swear you had done it from life. Your water flow is great. Great composition.
            Big congrats from my part
            Sandy.

Lovely little sketch, Helen!

Christel

eyepaint

Oh yay! Any plans to add a splash of colour?

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Clea

Amazing sketch! Very encouraging to try more quickies like that, too.

tyree

this is a great quick sketch..well done !

tyree:clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

Yes, echo all the above comments! Great work in only a brief time span.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Tanja

Good job – your sketch says a lot with very few words!
                            Regards Tanja

less is more

dupliKate

5 minutes and you got the feel and essence of a pretty complicated scene. I love it…spontaneous and simplified but still complete!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

ConnieT

I am loving your quick sketches, Helen. So much energy here! You make complex scenes seem so much less intimidating. :-) Your drawing is very expressive, nicely done, and right on to the scene.

I am encouraged to try this daily habit, now that my flood situation is getting resolved.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

Totally recognizable- 10 minutes well spent!

Wendy C&C always welcome
                                    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Triduana

This is wonderful! Hope to see more of these. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

TMalim

very good in such a short time!

C & C Welcome!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.