Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Journey Back (WIP)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mringey

Hello,

I posted the start of this in January’s What’s On Your Easel. I haven’t painted for over a year because of several surgeries and my son has been diagnosed with a rare disease, so it has been the hardest year ever! With that being said, this is a painting of a snapshot I took while we were driving home after visiting him this October in his first year of college (10 hours away). We passed through an autumn snow fall. The painting symbolizes the darkness and the hope of the past year. I am still working on it, but want to try to keep it painterly and expressive. Any comments and critiques are welcome.

Melissa

Dcam
            Ju-Ju-Beads

Melissa, this is wonderfully expressive. I love that the road leads upward; to me, this implies hope. One thing to consider is that the road currently leads toward a black line of trees. You may wish to consider clearing the trees directly beyond the right lane so it leads toward the light. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your son.

Lazarus E

definitely a moment catch.
                    and definitely this painting can beat thousends of camera photo.

Wonderful painting. To me the road is taking a turn ahead, towards hope.

enelram

So well done – just beautiful!

Hi Melissa- sorry to hear of your struggles! This is a powerful piece- more strength to your arm- and sending you some warm wishes for a more peaceful year.

bethany
                        moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                        website www.bethanyart.com
                        My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

bhindi

I think it’s beautiful and is absolutely symbolic of the times you’re going through – darkness and hope. Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he is better now and hope you are, too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.