Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting New Mexico Sunset WIP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jnicholes

Hello,

So my sister went to New Mexico for two years, and she always sent pe pictures of the sunsets there, which are BEAUTIFUL. I decided to try and paint one today. Its a work in progress, but regardless, I think I did well. Used the Bob Ross Method, as usual.

I used streaks on purpose to try to make darker areas on the clouds. In the pictures she sent me there was a slight green area between the yellow and the blue, so that is what the green is. I put it there on purpose. Anyway, The red areas are clouds.

If anything, I learned to make a rainbow effect. That actually gives me an idea for my next painting……

Jared

Ju-Ju-Beads

I’m heading to Albuquerque on Wednesday; sure hope it looks as beautiful as your painting!

🤟🏻

You’ve done a good job of blending the colors to work well with each other, and I also like how you’ve kept it darker at the top corners to increase depth- This is very pleasant to look at. The only distracting bit for me is that four clouds seem a like they frame a square with each other, which isn’t a common natural formation. If you like the idea, I think the cloud on the top right would look excellent shifted to just above or even slightly into the green area, and a hair to the left, (or anywhere else you like that’s a bit lower than where it is, so it stops forming a square with other clouds) Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the rainbow effect now moving forward.

Paul Moreau
                Insta @pmoreau_fine_art
                FB @pmoreaufineart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.