Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel…July 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE July 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

LeiraFlamand

It’s July the 6th and no one has posted anything here yet. So I thought I could start :)

This is on my easel now. I considered the sky, the city in the background, and the sea finished. This was a few days ago, I have since done a little more work on the sand, and started with the details of the girl. I wanted to keep it a little “impressionist” without a lot of details in anything but the girl.

mtpalms

It is beautiful! You handled the atmosphere perfectly.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Wetbrush3018

48inx48in oil on cradled maple panel. I have to say the larger pieces are a challenge spreading all the paint around.

Wetbrush3018

Wonderful!

mtpalms

Great start Wetbrush! That is big for a panel!

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                Bob Dylan.

mtpalms

Another great start Michael! :thumbsup:

Michaelshane

Bob Dylan.

LeiraFlamand

Coming along quite nicely. Keep going!

mtpalms

I love the subtle edge along the side of her face.

Michaelshane

Bob Dylan.

mtpalms

Nice start, Michael.

I got a little further with this one the other day, added a few plants.

As usual, I can only scrounge up a few hours to paint every few days. :/
                                                        I am hoping today is one of them.

LeiraFlamand

Very nice Marcia, it is nice to see you are getting back to it. Same here anyway, I have rather little time to paint, and can’t paint everyday either :(

mtpalms

Thank you, Leira. :)

Today didn’t work out, my boyfriend lost his wallet, and we spent most of the day looking and calling around, the rest of the day canceling credit cards, etc. Bah.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.