WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2001, 10:55 PM
Lord of the Arts
Canadian in Herndon, VA

Hails from Canada
Wow, gee, Michael, I'm terribly flattered!
I dunno what to say, except thank you very much :P

I did post Green Woman in Critiques -- you must have missed it :P I'll post the other two and blame it on your insistance :P

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelRH:
. . . I also copy Froud's faeries. I think his faces..and figure distortions are sooo good. I agreew the others here, your handling of pastels is VERY!! impressive. I am guessing, but I think a lot of Froud's work is watercolor..maybe gouche, as I see many washes. As you already know Roan, he is QUITE a draftsman...his drawings are just alive with expression, movement, and vitality.

Froud rules at Faeries and his figurative work is totally awesome! From what I've seen posted in some online galleries he works in "mixed media" -- and I agree they look a lot like watercolor washes. Beautiful stuff!

Quote:
I've also thought of doing my own book of...uh..."people". I have intertained the idea of a theme book also...along the lines of goblins..demons...or just sort of the "Good Guys/Bad Guys" kinda thing. Movies like "Matrix", "Blade Runner", generate these ideas for the illustrations for me.

DO IT! Heal thyself and take your own advice, Michael :P

Quote:
I too, feel that Froud's work falls into a fine-art category. Love your drawings Roan...these "made my day"!!!!!!!!!!
----Michael

P.S. I've saved these to my HD. Suggestion to you Roan...DO YOUR OWN..the will SELL!!$$
Follow through ok....get your own book going...you are VERY!!!!!!!! good. THERE!, am I making my point! lol

Again, thank you! My big problem is a lack of imagination, Michael. I get most of my ideas by piggy-backing off of others and I personally HATE that! Maybe I'll bite the bullet and try to develop my own characters -- I have such a Froud influence on me now, tho, I'm afraid I'll steal his ideas and I don't want that. Coming up with something totally original is so difficult -- Sigh.

I think I'll try tho. I REALLY enjoyed painting these, they were so easy for me and a lot of fun!

Thanks, for the third time :P

------------------
<FONT face="Script MT Bold"><FONT COLOR="#AB4835"><FONT size="5">Roan</FONT s></FONT c></FONT f>
<FONT COLOR="#8A1010">Nan danadh mo lmh mar a dh'iarradh mo shil!</FONT c>
-- <FONT size="1">If my hand could do as my eye would desire!</FONT s>
RoanStudio.com &lt;-- pastel open stock vendor sources & reviews!