Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art World Needs More Cowboys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ron

14 x 18, pastel.

Title based on new Univ. of Wyoming slogan that has received controversy from some because they think its “racist”, sexist, etc…..:rolleyes: As you can imagine, this isnt sitting well with us Wyoming folk and we are not putting up with this nonsense!

aspenman

The world sure does need more COWBOYS! Great work Ron – Awesome color!

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
            http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

Such a wonderful painting, Ron! Full of legend and grit. I love the composition. One of my favorite things about your work is how you can’t quite tell where the subject matter ends and the background begins. It all mingles beautifully. Outstanding work!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

One of my favorite artists is Käthe Kollwitz. I was struck by a couple b/w drawings that she made of the Weaver Rebellion. Weaving had become automated. Jobs, income and the dignity that went with the work were lost. That got me to thinking about craftsmen, factory workers, miners, farmers, etc. – trades that were following the same path. Add cowboys and maybe painters to the list.

Great atmosphere in this painting. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

contumacious
                Ron

Richard, Jenna– thank you!

Gary– my day job is in the trades…..lets just say I consider myself an artist in my trade….a craftsman who cares that the job is done right….my trade, along with most others are losing people like myself…dying off or just giving up…cant compete with the fast and cheap workers (who are not craftsman or artists). Thanks

contumacious– thanks, I voted too…..vote looks over 80% to keep slogan. Hopefully the university sticks to its gun and dont give in

oldglory

Ron: YOU BET’CHA WE NEED MORE COWBOYS :thumbsup: – Great painting :wave:

Thank you for “digging in” or as we say out here;”…Let’s cowboy up” –

Hud

Yes, we do need more cowboys! My dad was one and he did all right putting in a hard day’s work before dawn till past dark. It’s a lovely painting, Ron!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Yes, we do need more cowboys! My dad was one and he did all right putting in a hard day’s work before dawn till past dark. It’s a lovely painting, Ron!

Ditto, Kay. My dad was one of the last real cowhands that worked for room and board.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Ron

Hud, Kay, Jo– thanks my friends!

KJSieloff

What everyone else said!! COWBOY UP!!!

Kathy Sieloff
                                My Website

How can there be controversy?! The rest of the world thinks All Americans are a bit Cowboy, but I live in Texas – What do I know!

CaliAnn

World Needs More Cowboys I don’t understand why anyone would take exception to this? I might be getting old, but it seems in the past we could say things that nobody took exception to … and now, we can’t say anything at all without an uproar! There are certain things I get and agree we shouldn’t use, but “World Needs More Cowboys”?!?!

Anyway, came back to look at this again, exceptional pastel painting

Ron

Thanks Kathy!

Thanks CaliAnn and Skylar. Cant go too minutes these days without someone offended….Im not PC and nor are you, which is how it should be….:)

I still say what I want to say and if anyone is offended well, let them go to hell, as my cowboy father would say.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.