Home Forums The Learning Center Studio Tips and Framing Best tracklighting system for painting and displays?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    forrie

My second bedroom is my “studio”. I need better lighting for my painting work — right now, I have jury-rigged lighting which is messy and annoying (and takes up space). I use both daylight and warm light to balance.

I wonder if anyone here has some suggestions about *good* track lighting or such that would be good for painting.

My painting surfaces are mounted on a wall-mount easel.

I’m tempted to get the run-of-the-mill track lighting from Home Depot and mix/match different types of LED lights — perhaps I have more than one row of lights above the painting area? To the side too?

As for other places — I do have some pieces up in my townhouse that need lighting to really show their colors. This seems less complex.

Any tips/photos/examples etc., would be greatly appreciated!

Forrest

contumacious

I have yet to find a brand / type that does what I want AND that I can afford but this is what I would like to have:

֎ Barn Doors and snoots available for all lights
            ֎ Extension rods to bring the lights down to any reasonable level desired
            ֎ Long lasting reasonably priced LED bulbs with the precise desired color temperature.
            ֎ Bulbs available in a wide range of light projection angles.

(These last two options are way out of my price range, but would be very cool to have – and yes they do make them.)

֎ Computer controlled dimmers or an analog dimmer built into each light so they can be independently controlled.
            ֎ Computer controlled color temperature control for each individual light fixture/bulb combo.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.