Home Forums The Learning Center Composition and Design Farm Rows and Shadows – 10×10", soft Pastel (cross post to Landscapes and Pastels)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    artelahe

I could have sworn I posted this 30 minutes ago. [ATTACH]856375[/ATTACH]

It is a new composition inspired by the Rural Countryside photo. Critique and feedback welcome.

Thank you,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        AlyP
        I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

ntl

Wow! I really like this. Good depth, just enough detail in all 3 parts. It’s almost more a skyscape than landscape. Your clouds are wonderful!

artelahe

Wow! I really like this. Good depth, just enough detail in all 3 parts. It’s almost more a skyscape than landscape. Your clouds are wonderful!

Thank you, NTL. I’m so glad you liked it! I fell in love with those clouds, too, and will see if I can replicate that approach in new paintings. As for this one, I’ve received some great advice about it from posters and private message-ers. I may make some modifications in the land, or start a new painting/s that will truly be either land OR sky, but not a completion between them, lol. I keep trying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                AlyP
                I have a white dog and lots of pastels...but are any of them the right color when I need them to be?

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

Good division of space between the sky and the earth. The clouds should be flat bottomed; i.e. parallel to the horizontal edge. They appear to be running down hill to the right. Nice

It is only on a basis of knowledge that we can become free to compose naturally. -- Bernard Dunstan
                blog.jlk.net

artelahe

Good division of space between the sky and the earth. The clouds should be flat bottomed; i.e. parallel to the horizontal edge. They appear to be running down hill to the right. Nice

hi Claude, thank you for the feedback. I know water always runs level, but when I see clouds outside they seem to be at angle. Maybe that is the effect of the groups of clouds getting smaller as they move back?

AlyP

apagefineart.com[/SIZE]

ptrkgmc

I love pastels, … Haven’t worked much in them, but the results are almost always beautiful, … nice piece!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.