Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Kevin Hill?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mivison

What is you’ll opinion of Keven Hill’s painting? I’m new to the painting world and I was thinking of buying some of his videos.

Lazarus E

nice painter which start with big brushes and then discover the filberts. his finnishig are very realistic. i like him.

WFMartin

Kevin Hill uses the Bob Ross (Bill Alexander) method of wet-in-wet painting, and brings it to a new, and exceptional level, and he does magnificent work.

He manages to eliminate many of the “formula-appearing” strokes that are so often found in many of Bob’s paintings.

Kevin Hill’s videos are interesting to watch, and this is an example of how an artist with exceptional talent, and means of working, can create astounding work by using methods that often seem quite common.

wfmartin. My Blog "Creative Realism"...
                https://williamfmartin.blogspot.com

snoball

I hadn’t heard of him but looking at his images, he is super good!

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                    My work on Facebook

mivison

thanks! I started painting some Bob Ross style and noticed that kevins painting looked similar to Bob’s only more detailed.Which to me looks better. I’m going to give him a try.

~JMW~

He has many videos on you tube, why not watch those first for free and learn what you can from them, then buy later if you want to..or you might want to go with another style or instructor at that time..

~Joy~

kin3

He has many videos on you tube, why not watch those first for free and learn what you can from them, then buy later if you want to..or you might want to go with another style or instructor at that time..

The YouTube videos are good but he skips over a lot. But if you purchase one of his videos you see him paint from start to finish. Nothing skipped over or left out. I purchased a video, download version, and am well pleased and will probably purchase more.

mivison

Awesome!

Nomad Z

I recently discovered Kevin Hill, and I have to say, I do like what he does. I much prefer his paintings to Bob’s. It seems to me that he uses more conventional techniques as well (and uses more ‘correct’ terminology without getting particularly technical). I like the lack of knifed mountains in particular.

As Bill says, his techniques and methods are less formulaic, and that comes across in the pictures – they have a more traditional, painterly look to them.

I think the difference for me is that, within the scope of a demonstration painter, what he does is much more an end in itself, whereas I see Bob as a way to get started, from which the beginner/student is more likely to want to move on. (How many ‘strict’ Bob Ross pictures can you do before you get a bit bored?)

Lots of tips and techniques in the truncated videos for a painter with a bit of experience – there’s enough there to grasp what he does. A beginner might need more detail and explanation, so buying some full length ones probably wouldn’t be a bad thing to do.

Lazarus E

i give him a try and follow 2 painting after him on utube and the results are way better than ross, different atmosphere.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • The topic ‘Kevin Hill?’ is closed to new replies.