Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to as What’s on Your Easel…April 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE April 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

anth_knight

Hi all and happy April :) Not a lot to see on this one yet, but it’s a portrait, my first commission in a couple of years!

Anth

Like my Wheels on Canvas Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wheelsoncanvas/

mtpalms

Very intriguing, Anth!
                This one may or may not be done. I needed to get it finished enough to get a picture of it for publication in August.

The more I look at it, the more problems I see in it. :\

Started this one yesterday, and it is going pretty fast:

The orange is the toned canvas.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

NancyMP

That’s gorgeous, Marcia, and I love the orange color as a neat contrast!

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
                    All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

MarkMark
                        G.D.

goodmorning, today little bit working on the background, of me and my friend”

mtpalms

Mark I love your simplicity amd loose brushwork.

GD, that is an ambitious painting, and a great subject. Please keep updating us on your progress.

zoi_p

Such beautiful paintings!
                                    This is my recycled canvas board; I call it my “deaf” image. I had made a “mute” one a while ago. So I know what follows.
                                    This was painted last night. I enjoyed the rough texture of the surface. Thinking of recycling more, as my local store is short of supplies.

mtpalms

Very nice! I like the strong colors, but especially like how you rendered the face and butterflies.

anth_knight

Got a bit further on with blocking the background in on this one – hope to get some more progress before I go on my jollies on Monday!

Anth

Like my Wheels on Canvas Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wheelsoncanvas/

aart

OK, here goes. I’ve been an artist all my life. My specialty was wildlife and my medium was usually colored pencil. I’ve also worked with painting in Photoshop. But this year, after being laid off in January, I decided this was the perfect time to start learning oil painting. I wanted to do landscapes. I tried several styles first and really like the impressionist style. So… Here is my first actual painting after several trial and errors and learning the medium. This is 8 x 10 gessoed masonite. I really like this size and love the board. I found I was always fighting the texture of canvas. I have a long way to go, but it’s a start and I’m having a lot of fun doing them. I’m already working on the next one.

mtpalms

Great progress, Anth! The suspense is really building with this one.

Kathie, you are off to a very impressive start. Masonite is an interesting surface to paint on, I find it loosens my style up a lot. Love your use of color.

aart

Thanks mtpalms. I’ve got a lot to learn about color mixing, but it’s getting there. Every now and again I make another color chart to at least get an idea of what with what makes what. The hardest color is the blue/grey/green/browns of some oak trees and the eucalyptus trees.

anth_knight

I think that’s beautiful Kathie – I can sympathise with your issues with the weave of canvas, I primer my canvases several times to level them off. Board is great to work on though, especially at that size as it means that work is more ‘immediate’ than massive paintings.
                                                            My daughter played with friends all afternoon and I was at a loose end, so…

I appear to have found my mojo, which is always nice :)

Anth.

aart

My next piece. I took this photo years ago of our local mountains at dawn. I had to wait a couple days for it to dry and have started to put in the pine trees in the foreground.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.