Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, September 6, 2018

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Luv2shoot Moderator, Photography Forum.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello All,
    I just got out of the kitchen. Cooking on the stove is a big pot of Homemade Minestrone soup and a smaller pot of homemade Pizza sauce. The house smells healthy and happy, like a little Italian lady lives here. Oh wait a minute, that’s me, a little Italian lady who loves to cook.

So, I bet you thought I would now post a photo of my sauce and soup. Nope, I am too tired to take a photo, upload and then process it.

Instead, how about a Yellow flower? There have been many times when I tried to achieve the effect you see in this image, the yellow blurred patches with the clear flower poking through. I have never really got an image that I was satisfied with until this one. And guess what, I shouldn’t admit it, but I didn’t realize that I finally got the effect until I uploaded the photos to my computer. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Enjoy your ThursDAY,

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Hello All,
        I just got out of the kitchen. Cooking on the stove is a big pot of Homemade Minestrone soup and a smaller pot of homemade Pizza sauce. The house smells healthy and happy, like a little Italian lady lives here. Oh wait a minute, that’s me, a little Italian lady who loves to cook.

So, I bet you thought I would now post a photo of my sauce and soup. Nope, I am too tired to take a photo, upload and then process it.

Instead, how about a Yellow flower? There have been many times when I tried to achieve the effect you see in this image, the yellow blurred patches with the clear flower poking through. I have never really got an image that I was satisfied with until this one. And guess what, I shouldn’t admit it, but I didn’t realize that I finally got the effect until I uploaded the photos to my computer. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/06-Sep-2018/214872-yellow_shadows.jpg[/IMG]

Enjoy your ThursDAY,

LORELL

Love the effect – it is quite beautiful. I think experience, perseverance, and artistic vision had more to do with it than luck.

Your photo has brightened my day; and today I need that. Didn’t fall asleep until 3:15 (a combination of a good book and a bad back), and the phone woke me before 7:30. Another recording from a lowlife call center, blathering on about a pre-approved loan, and blatantly violating a host of state and federal telemarketing laws by 1) calling a number on the DNC, 2) calling so early in the morning, 3) failing to provide a verifiable company name and number at the start of their spiel, and probably much more. But I think I’ve gotten the company name and their actual phone number, so I filed a complaint with the FCC. Probably nothing will come of it, but I can hope this is the rare situation where the FCC builds a strong case against them and fines them into bankruptcy. Supposedly a portion of fines received are sent to those of us on the DNC who received such illegal calls. I hope there is a special place in hell for these lowlife scammers and criminals.

Thank you Dave for the praise.

I am so friggin’ sick of getting calls like that, I wish there was something we could do. Every morning we were getting a call at around 8:30 telling us that we need to call a certain number due to a lawsuit or something silly thing like that. I checked the number out on the internet and found this to be a scam. Since this started WEEDS AGO, we bought a new phone. One that we can block phone calls.

So, we blocked this number. Unfortunately, now the phone continues to come every monring around 8:30 but the phone only rings once and stops. This really stinks. Since I stay up so late or can’t sleep at night, this daily phone call wakes me up everyday or causes me frustration early each morning. We have blocked another scam caller and the same thing happens. Pretty soon we will be hearing one rings all day long.

Even though we are on the DO NOT CALL list, we get solicitors all day long, usually 3=4X a day. A lot of it is for charities. I am sitck of the phone ringing all day long.

So, I hear ya bud. We shuold be able to do something about it.
        I hope you are successful.
        LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill
            Yes Lorell, you may have been lucky but also did good. I like the dreamy effect you’ve created.

Well I’ve been up editing for almost 2 hours since around 4:00am. Sitting here in my dressing gown (“DG”)
            I’m a little bit chilly, should turn on the inverter and warm the place up before I have my shower!
            Anyways, here is a new version of a picture I posted a day or two back –
            taken soon after sunrise; the other was shot soon before sunset.

MY FLICKR
            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Rich

Lorell, I like that effect! Looks dreamy! I too have a call blocker, they work great. I don’t get calls before noon usually and not after 8 PM.

Another dreamy photo Mark, nice!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Quint

Lorell, your kitchen stories make me hungry. We had our first BLT’s from my garden’s tomatoes and lettuce. Many more to come. I’ll do a big pot of spaghetti sauce this Fall from my extras and frozen ones.
                    Here’s the first big slicer that went into the BLTs:

Gorgeous image, Mark.
                    Hi, Rich.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

Greenhill

Rich, Quint, thanks for your comment.

Lorell, Re those scam calls, they can be fun if you feel inclined.
                        Engage the caller in slow ‘dementia voice’ mode:
                        ‘err .. whats that again?’
                        ‘Are you having a nice Christmas?’
                        ‘Billy will be home from school soon”
                        ‘Insurance did you say?’
                        ‘You’ll have to talk to my carer about that’

At this point don’t be surprised if the caller hangs up! LOL

MY FLICKR

Anonymous

[B]Rich, Quint[/B], thanks for your comment.

[B]Lorell,[/B] Re those scam calls, they can be fun if you feel inclined.
                            Engage the caller in slow ‘dementia voice’ mode:
                            [I]‘err .. whats that again?’
                            ‘Are you having a nice Christmas?’
                            ‘Billy will be home from school soon”
                            ‘Insurance did you say?’
                            ‘You’ll have to talk to my carer about that’[/I]

At this point don’t be surprised if the caller hangs up! LOL

You’re right, it can be fun and sometimes even productive to mess with them.

Although they say you should never answer calls you think are telemarketers, I sometimes do so. Usually it’s some call center spouting the old “I’m an independent contractor in your area…” [lies – you’re not a contractor because I can hear the call center noise in the background, and you say you’re local but your area code isn’t mine.] They usually ask what would be the first project I want to do around the house. I’ve been known to rattle off a long list of things I’m thinking of doing (to waste their time), and then say that I’m very careful about who I do business with – they must be honest and respectable. Usually the caller launches into a long babble about what an upstanding business it is. I let them go on and on before replying; “Well you’re using a spoofed number, with a bogus caller ID, and calling a number on the DNC. That’s at least 3 violations of federal and state telemarketing laws. Does any of that sound respectable to you?

Other times after saying that I always check out a business before hiring them, I try to get the company name, website URL, phone number, mailing address, and/or business license #. Verifying any of these provides solid info to put into a complaint with the FCC, increasing the (slim) chances of the lowlife criminal telemarketer being fined.

Sometimes if I recognize the number as one belonging to a known illegal telemarketer, I’ll answer with: “Police Department, Telemarketing Crimes Squad, Lieutenant Schmidt…

Greenhill

Dave, sounds like an effective stratagem.
                                However, it’s not unlawful here in Oz for telemarketers to call you. It should be but it isn’t.
                                I know of no law that prohibits you from using an amplifier emitting a 100 decibel blast into the mic!!! :evil:

MY FLICKR

Dreamin

What a nice image, Lorell. So dreamy. You can mimick this by holding a bunch of those yellow flowers close to the front of your lens and shooting through a small gap and focusing on the background flowers.
                                    Mark, your image looks like a great place to spend several hours just relaxing and shooting….nice!
                                    Dave, I get them all the time…the same one, using a new phone number every time. Right sick of it all. Even on my cell phones, now. Ugh….Just remember, never say the word “Yes” or any acknowledgment as they are recording and had edit it to appear you said yes to order something or other. They usually as if I am Natalie, and I answer speaking. then I put the phonee down and let them rant their schpiel, then I hear, Hello? Hello? Are you there? click. LOL! Then I block the number on my phone, but as Lorell said, you get one ring before it blocks. Usually, it stops the one ring after a while, BUT you get the same call from another number. UGH! SHOULD be illegal!!
                                    Quint, OH MY! I love tomato and Miracle Whip sandwhiches, also BLTs or Salami and tomato and ham and tomato….you name it. Vine ripened tomatoes are SOOOOOO good!

Natalie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.