Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Cockatrice Weathervane

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

The dreaded cockatrice in all its gnarly wickedness, showing beautiful fall plumage.

Some nice gothic lines with lots of my trademark spines, shards, and filigrees that will punish the most wicked wind. And the wind cries. . .Mary

A commission piece for a residence in Cortlandt Manor, New York. (Copper/silver alloy, 27″ length)

www.davidsmithart.com

Fantastic work – literally!

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Thank you, Doug :thumbsup:

www.davidsmithart.com

Hynesite

This is awesome!

So awesome! You have a great signature style. Love all the color too!

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
        [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

ArtsyLynda

Love the color and the action/flow of movement in the piece! Nicely done!

MarcF

Astounding. Beautiful. Incredible. I would worry that passing dragons might be attracted. Other than that – even the wind would try to go around that menacing specter.

Astounding. Beautiful. Incredible. I would worry that passing dragons might be attracted. Other than that – even the wind would try to go around that menacing specter.

Hah! Funny thing, a few years ago I had a similar piece mounted on my roof and a blackbird stood next to it, spreading his wings, turning his head sideways, and making various sounds. I took that as the highest compliment.

www.davidsmithart.com

ArtsyLynda

The blackbird story is fun! Gotta wonder what he was thinking!

The blackbird story is fun! Gotta wonder what he was thinking!

I swear he was trying to mate with it, I’ve seen pairs of blackbirds doing the same thing.

www.davidsmithart.com

ArtsyLynda

I love that! Amazing work.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.