Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture How can i achieve this effect?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JimFit

Hello, i want to create some of these sculptures on clay, then create a mold.
        My question is, what type of plaster or other material can replicate these textures- colors?

Thanks

JimFit

Anyone?

I use Hydrocal White plaster to cast in my molds but I’ve heard and seen a lot that use Forton MG (plaster resin product reinforced with fiberglass). A product that is non-toxic instead is Aqua Resin. https://www.rawmaterialsuppliers.com/aqua-resin-vs-forton-mg/

The sculpture shapes above are fairly simple and will mold well and demold easily. You can achieve the colors with doing thin washes of paint (liquify whatever paint to a watery paint) and build up gradually to the hue you would like. Dry brushing the high points will allow the low points to be a different color etc. You could use a stipple brush for texture or use a sponge to apply the texture.

Colored wax (use clear wax with pigment mixed in) could also be used to build up color and textures.

Enjoy!:clap:

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
            [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

JimFit

I use Hydrocal White plaster to cast in my molds but I’ve heard and seen a lot that use Forton MG (plaster resin product reinforced with fiberglass). A product that is non-toxic instead is Aqua Resin. [url]https://www.rawmaterialsuppliers.com/aqua-resin-vs-forton-mg/[/url]

The sculpture shapes above are fairly simple and will mold well and demold easily. You can achieve the colors with doing thin washes of paint (liquify whatever paint to a watery paint) and build up gradually to the hue you would like. Dry brushing the high points will allow the low points to be a different color etc. You could use a stipple brush for texture or use a sponge to apply the texture.

Colored wax (use clear wax with pigment mixed in) could also be used to build up color and textures.

Enjoy!:clap:

Thanks for the useful advices!

I bought some plaster for sculptures and i mixed it with acrylic colors, i let it dry and i achieved the same color! I will try with the sponge to create the same texture!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.