Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Bald Eagle carving

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jonc50

This is an eagle carving that is about three feet long. It’s made from a slab of clear Western Red Cedar with an over lay on the head and the tail made from Yellow Cedar. There is as glass eye made for the fish and the eagle…both glass eyes used for taxidermy. The lighting isn’t the best but its probably 30 years ago when I took the photo.

Quite an impressive size to this eagle. Perhaps life-size, maybe a little bit bigger than life. Very intricate and good design elements to him, holding the fish.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
        [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

ArtsyLynda

Beautiful piece! Well done!

jonc50

Quite an impressive size to this eagle. Perhaps life-size, maybe a little bit bigger than life. Very intricate and good design elements to him, holding the fish.

Thank you Tamara! It was life size in height and width, but only two inches thick from a western red cedar slab when I worked in a woodmill after we moved to the west coast. The yellow cedar is just an over lay for the head and tail. The eagle, the fish, and the branch were all one piece with the head and tail overlaid with yellow cedar. :)

jonc50

Thank you Lynda.

jonc50

If you look closely at the fish, you can notice that the “log” has the wood grain running opposite to what it would be in reality. :cat:

ArtsyLynda

LOL! I hadn’t looked that closely!

That’s beautiful!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                            Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

jonc50

Thank you Virginia!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.