Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical BeeBalm or Minardia Flower

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

This is the exotic flower that is the source of bergamot (you’ve tasted it whenever you had Earl Grey tea). I thought it looked like a Fourth of July fireworks explosion when I saw it in June.

Reference: Photo taken by Ona a WC! member. Permission given to use it.
    Paper: Arches 140 lb. coldpressed
    Size: 11″ x 14″
    Watercolor Paints: Artist Grade by Rembrandt; WN; Daler-Rowney; Holbein; MGraham; and Sennelier

Comments and critiques are invited. Sylvia

Use Her Name

I love Monardia. We’ve got it all over around here. The pink is not as common as the red. It is very pretty, and a good job you’ve done painting it.

No longer a member of WC. Bye.

Exquisite detail Sylvia! Very delicately done!
        Elisabeth

Currabubula

Sylvia, gorgeous! I have not heard of this flower before, you have painted it beautifully.

Jeanne
            Canon 600D / EF-S IS II
            Canon EOS 400D
            / EF-S 18-55 & EF 75-300 lens
            Nikon Coolpix 7600

TxAggieDarlin

Looks fantastic to me. love the fine brush work :)

Debsn2paintn

Pretty colors.

Sony A7ii, Canon 24-70L, Sony 70-300 G Series, Sony hotshoe Flash, canon speed lite 580EX flash,Studio Equipment and Lights.
                    Deb

Thank you for looking and your kind comments UHN, Elisabeth, Jeanne, TAD, and Deb. :D

Sylvia

Your description of it is good Sylvia – fireworks explosion!

Nice colour, nice painting and I like the negative work in the b/g too.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Bravo.

Carol
                    "Mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence" - Time Bandits[/color]
                    Moderator: Acrylic Forum
                    My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography[/B]

Pat Isaac

Missed this one. Perfectly rendered and lovely color. I have this plant in my garden to attract hummingbirds. I didn’t know that it was used for earl grey tea, but do know that it is part of the mint family.

Pat

Thanks, Maureen. I really like doing negative painting to bring out leaves and grasses, etc.

:D Carol. Short but sweet. ;)

Pat, That’s interesting to know that this plant is part of the mint family. I have a lovely pot of mint growing in my garden. Love the smell of it too.

Thanks again to all of you.

Sylvia

ranunkel

I Denmark this herb is called Horse Mint. I have no idea why it is called Horse Mint, LOL
                            but it is a very nice herb.

You did a great job on this flower. I like the way you painted the center of the flower, useing the white paper to seperate the anthers.

Marianne Mathiasen

I am glad this popped back up…I think it is stunning. Bravo was really inadequate.

Carol
                            "Mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence" - Time Bandits[/color]
                            Moderator: Acrylic Forum
                            My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography[/B]

Kayeo

Excellent pinks! Great job.

Thanks for noticing the white in the center, Ranunkel, I spent a lot of time on that part of the painting. :D

Carol, You made me smile :D.

Kayeo, There are three or four different shades of pink here in combination. Glad you like them.

Thanks again to all of you for your nice comments.

Sylvia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.