Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air school holidays

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

School holidays here for the last two weeks, which means that some of my normal commitments I don’t have… but I have others which I don’t usually have instead :rolleyes:

So just a couple of quick trips out in the first week.

Something else which we don’t often have is rain… considering that the State has been 100% drought declared for some time now I can’t complain, but I had a few days of no commitments… and a window of opportunity to get away camping for a few days.

so I set up my tent

and managed a very quick sketch before sunset

and next morning did a quick pencil sketch under cover as the rain set in, and had cancel the expedition and drive back home again in the rain :(

Mac

Cedarita

I like your style!

ColinBaxter

That sketch of the sandstone outcropping? is a winner. The touches of blue in the outcropping, highlights in the trees and the foreground tree trunks are fine indeed. I grew up on the central coast and worked on the Hawkesbury river, enjoyed hiking through the sandstone hills and it’s special flora.

thanks for the comment Robyn :)

Colin I didn’t really catch it as I would have liked, this was Capertee on the other side of the mountains, I was hoping for some extended time the next day … but it wasn’t to be :(

Mac

maryinasia

love the textures in the first one. so beautiful! so pleasing.

yay for rain! sorry for the timing.

thanks mary !

Mac

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.