Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects "What are you working on?" – September – October 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Continuing from this thread :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Triduana

September already! It feels like September too – it’s getting cooler out there.

I’m hoping to be more productive this month – last month I managed one painting and a couple of sketches and that was it!

I really like the photos Robert has chosen for the A&W challenge here in this forum – I’d love to join in, I’m having trouble choosing so far!

I also love the subject of the Plant Parade over in the florals forum – wild flowers! One of my favourite subjects.

I’m planning on starting something this evening, I have a photo I took at work recently that is asking to be painted. So, that’s three things on my list for August …

Who else has a project on the go that they want to share with us in this thread? Please join in, everyone’s welcome! :wave:

So long, and thanks ...

Triduana

Things I learnt today:
                1) Stippling is fun. I never really tried it before as I doubted I’d have that kind of patience, but it’s very absorbing. Although:
                2) if you see something on your piece of paper that you think is a bit of dust, don’t try and wipe it off, it’s probably a bit of ink that hasn’t dried yet.

So I’m now working on the second version of my picture for the Animal & Wildlife challenge :lol:

So long, and thanks ...

I’ve chosen mine and started

Penny
                I live in Wiltshire, England
                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

Great Penny! I like to see how you pick out the little details, like in the eyes. :)

I’m glad I finished mine early, I’m quite busy this month and I didn’t want to miss yet another challenge. I have too many ideas at the moment; this always happens when I don’t have time! I write them all down in a note book; it’s a big list. :lol:

So long, and thanks ...

Thanks Kay.

Your trusty notebook! It’s very industrious if you to keep one. I hope you do manage a challenge this month.

I mustn’t show any more of this as it’s for the challenge, but started adding markings.

Penny
                    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

Looking good … I like the close up. Sneak peeks only :)

So long, and thanks ...

Thanks, Kay. Yes! No more until the 20th. 😎

Penny

Triduana

I won’t get much done in the next week – I’m away on holiday to France tomorrow. I’ve bought myself a new sketchbook that I’m going to take. I bought it mainly for doodles and improving my pen technique. It’s one I’ve not tried before – a Hahnemuhle Nostalgie. The paper’s lovely and smooth and the ink doesn’t show through, and I love it already.

Since I bought it I’ve become fascinated in looking at other people’s sketchbooks that have been posted online. It’s really inspiring!

I carry my notebook around with me most of the time – It’s a bright multi-coloured thing. It has notes on things I want to paint, I plan and compose paintings in it, make notes as I walk around exhibitions, do sketches, make shopping lists … things like that. If only I actually did half of the things that I’ve got planned in there!

So long, and thanks ...

Sound good, Kay. Have a lovely holiday and do lots of sketches to show us. I’ve finished A & W Challenge and must choose something else to start.

Penny

mbankhead

Looks like a cat kind of day, I am working on my Mother-in law’s Ragdoll cat named Bonnie.

This is on a Canson water color paper, with a Rotring 03 pen.

Mark.
                                -Don't sweat the small stuff...

Looks a lovely cat! A very good start.

Penny

this is what I am working on at the moment

Very good, Gordon.

Penny

Triduana

Hi Mark, your kitty is lovely. I enjoy looking at your drawings in Pen & Ink, I love the stippling. I recently discovered I enjoy stippiling and plan on praticing it some more. I look forward to seeing this develop. :)

Gordon – a lovely scene and a great drawing. Love those details and range of values. Please show us the finished piece when it’s done :)

So long, and thanks ...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.