WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Stitch in Time July 2017

Hi everyone. Well, 2017 is half over. It's getting hot where I live. Got A/C going and it's enough white noise to drown out the sounds of the rodeo this weekend.

Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate.

Well, this is difficult to type since I sprained my right index finger. I have it splinted and am a lady of leisure for a few days. Never mind that I was just at the fabric store and want to get to my projects. *sigh*

Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2017, 11:42 AM
San Francisco

Hails from United States
Re: Stitch in Time July 2017

Hi All!

Well, Debby, I don't envy your hot summer days The older I get the harder the heat is for me....I am such a San Francisco Fog Girl.

In the mountains for a long weekend, spanning the 4th of July. Still lots of snow on the upper sections - even still skiing! Between the skiing, hiking, music etc for the holiday, this place is packed!

So after a good - but demanding on my knee - hike yesterday, I think I will hang here on the porch with my spinning. I have had an epiphany about using what are called "fine combs" for preparing wool, so I have brought a big bag of the fluffy stuff with me, and have been working overlooking the creek. Not many mosquitos, but the few here have found me.

Jen
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2017, 04:48 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Jen, I used to tolerate the heat better. But after more than a decade living in a climate that only has summer for 3 months out of the year instead of the other way around, my blood has gotten a lot thicker... or something. Living where Eva does, I'd die in the heat. Glad you were able to get away this weekend. The creek looks lovely as does the wool. I learned long ago that I have to wear insect repellent perfume in the summer when I'm outside. The mosquitoes absolutely love me.

The finger is getting better. I can type now, but I still can't use scissors. We are heading for even hotter temperatures over the next several days. *blech!* At least the rodeo will be over and hopefully everyone will have run out of fireworks by tomorrow. They've been going off every night since last Friday.

Wishing everyone a Happy Fourth however you choose to celebrate or not.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2017, 04:45 PM
San Francisco

Hails from United States

Hi Debby, hope the rodeo and fireworks were fun! I love rodeos, but it has been a L-O-N-G time since I have been to one. Sigh.

Well, we skied on the 4th. Squaw Valley still has a fair amount of snow at the upper elevation. What a crowd! Lots of bikini clad skiers (husband has those photos...), and quite a few American flag capes. Just took a few runs, to say that I had done it, as the line was about 30 minutes long.

Jen
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2017, 08:29 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Greetings from hot Arizona. We have not slowed down on the 115+ temps. Now the humidity is starting to go up. In the 30% now instead of the single digits. Storm clouds are showing a little in the evening but it will be a while before we get any rain. The whole state needs rain as there are 20 forest fires over the state. None near us yet this year.

Well Patrick has been really sick. First it was a virus in his lungs and his cough is still bad. Lost 7 days of work. He has had on going problems with bladder and kidneys. Last year he had the stones removed from kidney and others blasted. This year now he has stones hanging in one of the kidneys then today found out his bladder has some blockage. They are trying antibotics and he will go in next week for another test. He said the test really hurt today and doesn't look forward to another next week. Then if that doesn't work he will need surgery. He is really stressed.

Well I am doing the best I can. I drove Pat around last week because he was dizzy and running into walls and I would not let him drive but now that is gone so he took himself to the doctor today.

Hope things get better around here as we don't need any more stress.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2017, 11:52 AM
San Francisco

Hails from United States

Eva, I am so sorry to hear about Pat. It just seems that illness is too often a visitor at your doorstep! Find something to do for yourself, to help with the stress!

Jen
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2017, 01:00 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Jen, mostly we ignore the festivities. Neither of us are rodeo fans and generally, we aren't up late enough to watch the fireworks because of DH's work schedule.

Eva, so sorry to hear about Pat's continuing saga of bladder and kidney issues. I can empathize.

Sorry I haven't been on in several days. I've been in the hospital. Thursday morning shortly after breakfast, I was doubled over with pain on the left side. I thought it might be a kidney stone, but normally when I'm passing a kidney stone it's not sudden, it ramps up and it's usually located pretty much in the center. DH insisted I call the clinic. What followed was a day of being in pain since they wouldn't give me anything till they had figured out what was causing the pain. My appointment was at 10am. I finally got pain meds about 5pm. But at that point a CT scan had pinpointed the problem. A large kidney stone, too large to pass and about a quarter inch from the tube in the kidney. Living in a rural area, there wasn't a local urologist. I had to travel over 100 miles to the nearest one. He had seen the scan and was scheduling me for surgery the next day. Unfortunately, I had to wait till the end of the day Friday. *sigh* At least I had pain meds. They went in and removed the stone. But after surgery, I couldn't breath. My asthma had kicked in big time. All the deep breathing to get my O2 levels up created a lot of soreness in my torso. Then they bruised me. There were needle pricks, blood pressure cuffs, and contracting bands on my legs to prevent blood clots. They kept me another night because of the O2 issue. Then they weren't going to let me go home because even tho' I'd cleared my lungs of the asthma, my O2 levels weren't in the 90s, They finally sent me home, but now I'm on oxygen all the time. *sigh* I'm hoping that once I get past the trauma of the surgery and bruises and sore muscles heal, I'll be able to get off the oxygen. It's been rough the last couple of days and I expect I won't be doing much but recovering for a while. I'm ok, just exhausted and sore.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2017, 12:58 AM
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Debby, I am so sorry about your problems. You and Pat should be together with all the pain, and lung problems too.

Pat did go back to work this week on Wednesday and will work the whole 7 days even though he is not well. He ended up with a bladder infection and got meds for that. The urologist wanted him cleared so he can have the procedure to open the blockage into his bladder. He goes back and forth with not being able to go to the bathroom and legs and hands swell really bad and then has to have the pills to make him go and he goes every 20 minutes until the swelling goes down. I hope they can clear the blockage with the wire they wil insert on the 21th so that he doesn't have to have the full surgery to clear it. His COPD keeps kicking up too. He knew this would happen with all the other stuff going on. He is still smoking too. I want him to quit but like he just gives me a weird look. As a respiratory theripist he knows better but can't tell him anything. Almost all the RT's smoke. They deal with it every day in the hospital and yet they continue to smoke.

Me is just sameo sameo. Dealing with back and leg pains. Take my meds and sleep a lot. Do try to keep the house up, laundry, cooking and kitchen clean up. Too hot to do much any way.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I haven't been on because I have been out of it a lot.
I am sorry you have been sick Debbie. I hope it all gets cleared up.

I have been of colour too. Nothing the doctor can figure out. I am dizzy and out of it. My Blood pressure is back down so it isn't that.
It has been hot here too and now we are getting the smoke from the wild fires. I feel trapped in the house.
Mostly I have been knitting. BUT this week I cleared off my sewing spot and got out the doll I started in the fall.

When I was in Whitehorse I met a woman who does jewelry and one of the things she makes is weapons, She had a necklace with a 2 inch copper/bronze ax that I really really wanted and could see all sorts of possibilities for but my daughter was like "seen that, been there, let's go". I have her card and we discussed the possibility of her making some other weapons for me but then I got dragged out.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2017, 10:41 AM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Eva, hope the procedure goes well for Pat and he can pee again. Sorry to hear you are in such pain yourself. Have you been able to get back to the acupuncturist to relieve some of the pain?

Lena, sorry you feel trapped. Do you have good air filtering in your house? Is the dizzyness allergies? I sometimes get so clogged in the sinuses that I get dizzy when I'm having allergic reactions to things. Should have pulled the "mom card" on your daughter. Hope you can get in touch with the artist again. I could see you using the weapons with your dolls.

I'm finally doing a lot better. I've actually been sewing a bit. Had a woman buy all 6 of my pocket dragons (the little 1 1/2 inch ones). She is making a mobile for her soon to be born baby. I got those sent off, now I need to re-make them all since there are none in the store right now. I've got a bunch of appointments the next 2 days. I had a crown come loose and am seeing the dentist first thing tomorrow morning. Followed by a long 2 hour trip to see the urologist for a follow up appointment. Then on Friday, both DH and I are going to the eye doctor. I was complaining that my eyes have changed and the glasses weren't helping me see my sewing. DH said his eyes have changed too, so I scheduled back to back appointments for us.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-23-2017, 04:05 PM
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Hails from United States

Debby, you are beginning to sound like my house....doctor, doctor, doctor appointments.
Glad you are doing better.

Lena "HUGS"

Pat had another procedure on Thursday with the results coming on this next Tuesday.

No, I have not been able to get to the acupuncturist I really do need to work that in sometime soon. Did get to the pain clinic on Thursday so that I will have meds for the next month. Need to go pick them up today and stop and get some groceries. Have been putting off getting groceries for almost a week and now I have to go. Even the cat is mad because I don't have the food he likes.
\